fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Scenes from Tulsa

  
 
Brev00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Scenes from Tulsa


I have lived in Tulsa for over ten years now. Sometimes I go through lulls where I think there is nothing new to shoot. Getting the Nikon Z50 II has added some spring to my step. Its light weight makes it easy to take with me on my various walks. Have experimented with heirloom Takumar lenses which are generally small and light even with an adapter. I bought a Sigma 16 1.4 and Tamron 18-300 for it, the Tamron to make a very convenient travel combo but larger than I might like for my Tulsa walks. Here are a few of the black and whites I have created since getting the Z50 II.

The first pic was taken on the pedestrian bridge spanning the Arkansas River using the Takumar 105 f2.8 inherited from my father. Oil continues to be important to Tulsa as one can see in the second pic. This refinery is right next to the pedstrian bridge. My typical walk ends near the bridge in the third shot. The fourth shot is taken from the west side of the river looking east. There was a short period of time when there were clear reflections like this. Not typical. The sign speaks to the importance of oil. You can see the 11th street bridge in the background, the third in this set. Then, the last bridge shot. Another pedestrian bridge which I often take to cross the river. One of the two pics shot with an adapted lens, Sigma 17-70 os. Finally downtown for the next. Shot outside a well known but quite obscurely located restaurant aptly called Bull in the Alley. This was shot at the moment it opened. The only indication there is a restaurant there is a figure of a bull hanging over a door. Not shot with the Z50 so included by mistake. Thought about deleting it but it helps tell the Tulsa story. An abstract with a minor theme of mine, stairs, for the last. Shot with the Takumar 135.





  NIKON Z50_2    0mm    f/0.0    1/640s    100 ISO    +1.3 EV  






  NIKON Z50_2    NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens    33mm    f/5.6    1/60s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON Z50_2    NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens    50mm    f/8.0    1/13s    200 ISO    +0.3 EV  






  NIKON Z50_2    VR 17-70mm f/2.8-4G lens    58mm    f/8.0    1/160s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  






  NIKON Z50_2    NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens    34mm    f/8.0    1/250s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON Z50_2    VR 17-70mm f/2.8-4G lens    70mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    100 ISO    -3.7 EV  






  NIKON D610    24.0 mm f/1.4 lens    24mm    f/5.6    1/60s    100 ISO    -1.0 EV  






  NIKON Z50_2    0mm    f/0.0    1/320s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  




Aug 10, 2026 at 06:46 PM
RWNPhoto
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Scenes from Tulsa


10 years... I got you beat by 30 years there.But you are still there. A nice town.


Aug 11, 2026 at 06:43 PM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Scenes from Tulsa


Very nice series!
Brent



Aug 12, 2026 at 07:35 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Brev00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Scenes from Tulsa


RWNPhoto wrote:
10 years... I got you beat by 30 years there.But you are still there. A nice town.


With temperatures over 100 for a couple of weeks in a row, I feel like it has been 30 years! Yes, still here though I think of Tulsa as a nice jumping off point to travel. 10 minutes from the airport!

---------------------------------------------

bnfotografie wrote:
Very nice series!
Brent


Thanks! I appreciate the positive comment




Aug 12, 2026 at 06:05 PM
lazlo36
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Scenes from Tulsa


Looks like you have found plenty to shoot and they are darn good ones. I really like that alleyway with the graffiti


Aug 12, 2026 at 06:08 PM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Scenes from Tulsa


lazlo36 wrote:
Looks like you have found plenty to shoot and they are darn good ones. I really like that alleyway with the graffiti


Dig the motel sign, but curious to the backstory on the back alley, too.



Aug 14, 2026 at 11:34 PM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account