fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       12              end
  

Official: Light Lens Lab 35mm f/2 "Apochromatic"

  
 
teaaaa
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #1 · Official: Light Lens Lab 35mm f/2 "Apochromatic"


How's the helicoid? Does it feel smooth with enough resistance for precise focusing?


Sep 30, 2026 at 12:45 PM
RomanMF
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #2 · Official: Light Lens Lab 35mm f/2 "Apochromatic"


The focusing is dampened and smooth. It's not as "slippery," as the Mandler or the Voigtlander 35 F/1.5 I have (the latter is more dampened than the former).
It feels more like my Thypoch lenses in that regard but the tolerances are tighter. I only other LLL lens I own is the 50mm Z21, which has a lot more play in it. I hate wobble in my lenses, lol.
teaaaa wrote:
How's the helicoid? Does it feel smooth with enough resistance for precise focusing?





Sep 30, 2026 at 12:52 PM
selahsean
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.13 #3 · Official: Light Lens Lab 35mm f/2 "Apochromatic"


RomanMF wrote:
It showed up a day early! Build quality seems nice thus far. The focus throw on this thing is SUPER long. Black paint version will be a fingerprint magnet. I'll be taking it with me to NYC and then camping out in the Sequoias. I don't have a digital Leica body at the moment, so the ZF will have to do.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/55560237964_8124c6e77d_c.jpg

?si=Tf3FdXxRMCeWfiXK


Curious about the claims it will cover 44x33 so if you get a chance to test that would be awesome to see if it's true...



Sep 30, 2026 at 01:03 PM
dalegaspi
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.13 #4 · Official: Light Lens Lab 35mm f/2 "Apochromatic"


the focus throw is long, but it's NOT LINEAR. from 0.7m to infinity, focus throw not that different from the other rangefinder-coupled-only lenses.


Sep 30, 2026 at 01:41 PM
1       2       3       …       12              end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       12              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account