csinseattle wrote:
John,
Greta set and captures, looks like you had fun
Chris S
Hi Chris. Thank you, I did ,there's something about shooting in the evenings, not knowing what's gonna happen next, what perch or light it will choose to land in. Thanks for you'r continued support. Grateful.
It's hard to add anything but what a great set. Id take any one of them. Not only did you shoot good pictures but you got to witness nature unfolding. That's why I love shooting wildlife.
douter wrote:
A wonderful, enthralling set, John!
Douglas
Thanks Douglas
---------------------------------------------
guywithgas wrote:
A beautiful series, John! Reminds me of a chick that fell off a tree a few year ago, here in our local park. Glad that this one made it back to the top and flying.
Sreedhar
pesto wrote:
John, These are great, thank you for posting them. I used to have a pair living on my property but have neither seen nor herd them for well over a year...they are missed.
---------------------------------------------
Ronny Olsson wrote:
Stunning set John !
Ronny
Thanks for looking and leaving your comments. I do appreciate it very much.
I looked at these quickly the other day while out running around. I had to come back to them today to view on a big screen. That first Owlet is an amazing shot ! I don't know how you manage to find these opportunities but you always seem to take utmost advantage.
Gary
birdied wrote:
Wow !!! Words don't do these justice . I have never seen an owl in the wild
Great set John
Birdie
Thank you for you taking time to look and your comments. I'm so glad you liked them. Hoping you get to see one soon.
John
---------------------------------------------
Karl Witt wrote:
Knowing all the variables of angles and light for these subjects at the times you photographed them I would say you are an amazing photographer for one and dedicated Owl guy
There are some amazing standouts here buddy all of which made this easy to cast my vote.
Darkness, backlight challenges, competing for an angle because other people are in your way, shooting up down and who knows where those juveniles will jump to next!! You got it all in this post. A fine performance in a non-studio environment where you have not control of the subject but you give yourself the best opportunities, really amazing imagery IMO
quigsby wrote:
It's hard to add anything but what a great set. Id take any one of them. Not only did you shoot good pictures but you got to witness nature unfolding. That's why I love shooting wildlife.
sum1sgrampa wrote:
I looked at these quickly the other day while out running around. I had to come back to them today to view on a big screen. That first Owlet is an amazing shot ! I don't know how you manage to find these opportunities but you always seem to take utmost advantage.
Gary
Thanks Gary. Easy answer, lots of time, effort, gas ,lots of late evenings. I'm fortunate to have a wife that understands (and tolerates ) my love of wildlife.