fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

A Coyote

  
 
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · A Coyote


Hermon, CA







Aug 03, 2026 at 08:40 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · A Coyote


Nice! Back story?



Aug 03, 2026 at 08:45 AM
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · A Coyote


Bob Jarman wrote:
Nice! Back story?


My daughter lives in the Monterey Hills area just south of Pasadena. The hamlet is called Hermon. There is a very healthy coyote population in the area. If you were to google "Monterey Hills Coyotes" I think one of my forum posts still pops up there One late afternoon I came across two coyotes sitting in a field off the street and I was able to spend a good half hour at least with them before they got bored with me. This is one of a bunch of shots I got that day. I thought I'd try some conversions.
This was shot with a D500 and Sigma 150-600 S at 600mm.
Some more from that day. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1785634/



Aug 03, 2026 at 08:58 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · A Coyote


sum1sgrampa wrote:
My daughter lives in the Monterey Hills area just south of Pasadena. The hamlet is called Hermon. There is a very healthy coyote population in the area. If you were to google "Monterey Hills Coyotes" I think one of my forum posts still pops up there One late afternoon I came across two coyotes sitting in a field off the street and I was able to spend a good half hour at least with them before they got bored with me. This is one of a bunch of shots I got that day. I thought I'd try some conversions.
...Show more →

Thank you, very interesting.

We have coyotes (I cannot speak to the population) in our area - central Savannah River, Augusta, GA - but they remain nocturnal, only seen on game cameras. I'm fascinated by their willingness to be observed in that setting. Adaptation to their environment I suppose.

I have seen a gray fox and her kits cavorting at midday in the middle of our street, but that a rare event.

Bob



Aug 03, 2026 at 03:00 PM
osidesurfer
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · A Coyote


Beautiful shot.


Aug 03, 2026 at 08:19 PM
newyork
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · A Coyote


Excellent


Aug 04, 2026 at 11:39 AM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · A Coyote


Superb work. Coyotes can be a nuisance, but they are still beautiful creatures. This image and the thread you linked show that quite nicely.
Brent



Aug 04, 2026 at 05:24 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · A Coyote


osidesurfer wrote:
Beautiful shot.

Thank you
---------------------------------------------

newyork wrote:
Excellent

Thanks Rich
---------------------------------------------

bnfotografie wrote:
Superb work. Coyotes can be a nuisance, but they are still beautiful creatures. This image and the thread you linked show that quite nicely.
Brent


Well, every living thing is a nuisance to some other living thing I feel they get a pretty bad rap. A beautiful, intelligent, curious, and misunderstood animal for sure.



Aug 04, 2026 at 07:27 PM
Brev00
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · A Coyote


Excellent wildlife portrait. Good to see the whole other set in color. Very impressive. Nice to see the trusty D500 getting some good work done.


Aug 05, 2026 at 11:43 AM
probishaw
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · A Coyote


It's always a pleasure to view and enjoy your art, Gramps. This one is no exception.
.



Aug 11, 2026 at 07:25 PM
bnfotografie
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · A Coyote




sum1sgrampa wrote:
Thank you
---------------------------------------------

Thanks Rich
---------------------------------------------

Well, every living thing is a nuisance to some other living thing I feel they get a pretty bad rap. A beautiful, intelligent, curious, and misunderstood animal for sure.


I completely agree. Several years ago I had hiked about 7 miles up a mountain to fish Slough Creek in Yellowstone Nat'l Park and was on my way down at the end of the day, following a narrow path. In the distance I saw what I first thought was a dog coming toward me on the same path. As it got closer I realized it was a coyote. I kept walking and it kept coming until finally it was right at my feet. We both stopped, looked at each other for a few seconds, then continued on our way. I had a camera hanging around my neck but was so entranced I never even thought to get a shot. It's one of the most memorable wildlife experiences I've ever had.
Brent



Aug 12, 2026 at 07:30 AM
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · A Coyote


Brev00 wrote:
Excellent wildlife portrait. Good to see the whole other set in color. Very impressive. Nice to see the trusty D500 getting some good work done.

I relied on that camera for seven years. Very rarely let me down
---------------------------------------------

probishaw wrote:
It's always a pleasure to view and enjoy your art, Gramps. This one is no exception.
.

Very kind of you to say
---------------------------------------------

bnfotografie wrote:
I completely agree. Several years ago I had hiked about 7 miles up a mountain to fish Slough Creek in Yellowstone Nat'l Park and was on my way down at the end of the day, following a narrow path. In the distance I saw what I first thought was a dog coming toward me on the same path. As it got closer I realized it was a coyote. I kept walking and it kept coming until finally it was right at my feet. We both stopped, looked at each other for a few seconds, then continued on our way. I
...Show more →

Great experience TFS !



Aug 15, 2026 at 09:45 AM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · A Coyote


Gary this is really nice, and I quite enjoyed the earlier post as well (especially the first) tack sharp and wonderfully exposed. Coyotes are one of my favourite subjects to shoot, they are so interesting.We have a large urban population here in the city, and a lot of issues with people and dogs. I quite like your B&W conversion here, it really suits the image, and produces a nice background. You have me wanting to go back and try converting some of mine.

Dave



Aug 17, 2026 at 12:56 PM
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · A Coyote


Dave_E wrote:
Gary this is really nice, and I quite enjoyed the earlier post as well (especially the first) tack sharp and wonderfully exposed. Coyotes are one of my favourite subjects to shoot, they are so interesting.We have a large urban population here in the city, and a lot of issues with people and dogs. I quite like your B&W conversion here, it really suits the image, and produces a nice background. You have me wanting to go back and try converting some of mine.

Dave


Thanks Dave. I'm on a bit of a B&W kick these days. I haven't been very active shooting lately so I've been going back through some older files to see what might work and what doesn't. I agree on the Coyotes. They're such a cool animal. Very laid back and curious.



Aug 18, 2026 at 09:27 AM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account