Just returned from a trip out to Scotland. Stunning country and very warm people. The first half of the trip I loved the overcast foggy days, the second half was perfectly blue skies with clouds. It never rained, and the midges must have been hiding. Overall a great trip. Scotland is a photographers playground.
Superb set, Michael. The fog or mist really makes a couple of these images jaw dropping. The compositions and processing on all of them are excellent.
I have a friend who lives in Scotland and has been talking about the huge fires burning there now. It looks like you avoided them.
Brent
bnfotografie wrote:
Superb set, Michael. The fog or mist really makes a couple of these images jaw dropping. The compositions and processing on all of them are excellent.
I have a friend who lives in Scotland and has been talking about the huge fires burning there now. It looks like you avoided them.
Brent
Brent, thank you. We were very lucky, not only with the weather but we never encountered any midges in Isle of Sky and July is peak season for them. The fires started once we left, again, lady luck was on our side.
---------------------------------------------
Jim Dockery wrote:
Nice work - the first is a classic
Jim thank you, the first one is the image I wanted to capture even if it meant only one good image. The image was in my mind's eye even before getting there. It took 3 trips to the castle as the first day the tide was low. The second day sunny skies, no clouds and finally the 3rd day fog rolled in and covered everything. I was staying about 20 minutes from the castle so I would wake up early and head over..