fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

St Johns Wort

  
 
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · St Johns Wort


Never knew what the flower associated to the name looked like this and I had been growing it for 20 years!
Heh I'm olde!
Dan





I have NOT seen this 1 unique center accenting flower until here...in color I am not perceiving a sharp graduated lighted center..Can't figure out why the "tone line" is so sharp. There is nothing that would cause that.??




Jul 20, 2026 at 01:07 PM
Jack Flesher
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · St Johns Wort


Danpbphoto wrote:
Never knew what the flower associated to the name looked like this and I had been growing it for 20 years!
Heh I'm olde!
Dan


Per your subtitle comment: Is it possible you have color-blindness in that transition area? Perhaps posting the color version would help explain?

Regardless, I would say interesting processing for sure and nicely composed.



Jul 20, 2026 at 02:28 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · St Johns Wort


Jack Flesher wrote:
Per your subtitle comment: Is it possible you have color-blindness in that transition area? Perhaps posting the color version would help explain?

Regardless, I would say interesting processing for sure and nicely composed.

Quite right!
I will do that..the raw file shows the transition to lighter but not as stark as the b&w...I do NOT wear my glasses when I photograph unless the vf has no diopter. And I also pray the AF "lock on" beep is present..
Dan..THANKS! Thought of that..

Post thought..the flower is directly above my gazebo. We had a heavy rain the evening before.. a drop of water from the above slat intensified the light then dried up?




Jul 20, 2026 at 02:59 PM
douter
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · St Johns Wort


Heard about its medicinal characteristics, but have not seen it before this, Dan'l! (except for your color version, that is)!
Douglas



Jul 21, 2026 at 05:21 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · St Johns Wort


douter wrote:
Heard about its medicinal characteristics, but have not seen it before this, Dan'l! (except for your color version, that is)!
Douglas

Ditto Douglas!
I was expecting something more "weird"!

Nothing seems to work when I have pain!

Dan

PS...Your balloon flower seed pods have been picked and bagged...will let them dry out a bit then ship...some "gloxinia seeds" also



Jul 25, 2026 at 01:13 PM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account