fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

  

Inside of an old Log Barn

  
 
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Inside of an old Log Barn


Shot with Fuji X100T

comp_DSCF5376-Edit by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr



Jul 16, 2026 at 07:41 AM
tomandmarj
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Inside of an old Log Barn


that must have been fun to build!
stay well, tom



Jul 16, 2026 at 10:39 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Inside of an old Log Barn


Nice, great find. More?


Jul 16, 2026 at 12:19 PM
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Inside of an old Log Barn


Bob Jarman wrote:
Nice, great find. More?


Yes, a few more photos of the old log barn

comp_DSCF5370-Edit by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr

comp_DSCF5372-Edit by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr

comp_DSCF5369-Edit by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr

comp_DSCF5383-Edit by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr




Jul 16, 2026 at 12:58 PM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Inside of an old Log Barn


jowul wrote:
Yes, a few more photos of the old log barn



Thank you.

Any idea of its age? I reminds me of several structures nearby. But I suspect it predates them - looks well preserved.





Jul 16, 2026 at 04:54 PM
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Inside of an old Log Barn


Bob Jarman wrote:
Thank you.

Any idea of its age? I reminds me of several structures nearby. But I suspect it predates them - looks well preserved.



I would estimate about 1840 - 1860. For 12 years I lived in a log house built in 1864 located in downtown Pembroke, Ontario. It was disassembled and moved and reassembled in the Bradford area in 1974. I bought it in 1976. The corner joints were dove tail notched and the logs and beams were hand hewn. Barns of that time were simpler, round logs and square corner notches.
Joachim



Jul 16, 2026 at 05:22 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

douter
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Inside of an old Log Barn


Terrific documentation, Joachim, lucky you yo live in a bit of history, what happened to your log home?
Douglas



Jul 17, 2026 at 06:17 AM
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Inside of an old Log Barn


douter wrote:
Terrific documentation, Joachim, lucky you yo live in a bit of history, what happened to your log home?
Douglas


douter wrote:
Terrific documentation, Joachim, lucky you yo live in a bit of history, what happened to your log home?
Douglas


Thank you Douglas.
I sold the house on a 10 Acres lot in 1987 when I founded a partnership with a partner from Oakville, ON. We moved south to Milton, ON. The partnership only lasted 3 years and I am still operating the industrial equipment sales and consulting business from my home. The new owner of the log house, I was told, did not like having irregular walls in the kitchen and dining room. So, he drywalled over the beautiful hand-hewn logs. But... after all now it was his house.
As seen on the photo, I built a deck around three sides of the house that came from Pembroke. The smaller house portion was found locally and it became living room and bedroom upstairs.

Log house_ji by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr

I also added a barn with a hip roof. After all one needs a barn to store "stuff" right?.

This is the only house I deeply regret having sold.
Joachim




Jul 17, 2026 at 08:41 AM
Bob Jarman
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Inside of an old Log Barn


I can understand.



Jul 17, 2026 at 01:40 PM
Jim Dockery
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Inside of an old Log Barn


I love old barns, you did this one justice.


Jul 20, 2026 at 06:08 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Inside of an old Log Barn


I have good friends in Oakville...musicians....been there twice but that was in 1990's early.

I saw something similiar to this back then and just loved how the wood looked so sophisticated, yet so weatherd..not is weathered = age, but sophistication Don't make sense but..WONDERFUL image, images, and backstory...
Kudos!
Dan




Jul 20, 2026 at 01:19 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Inside of an old Log Barn


On my 30" monitor, they look WONDERFUL!!
Dan



Jul 21, 2026 at 03:29 PM







FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account