^
That definitely would have been ideal, and help justify the price point. I would still love to see a 33MP non-R version at a lesser price point.
Benj just posted his long term review this week. Working very well for his needs, and putting great results, regardless of the drawbacks we all know about.
I have been a big fan of the RXR series cameras. I bought the original RX1R camera 13 years ago, moved on to the RX1RII, then eagerly awaited the RX1RIII, expecting a similar leap in performance with no feature losses.
While I loved the resolution and new focus system of the III, I found that I just couldn't live without the tilt-screen my other. Sony cameras have (including the RX1RII). I just take too many low shots, including my grandkids, etc.
Also, I had come to love my Q3 (with tilt-screen) - particularly with the new 4.1 firmware that made it into a new camera in terms of eye focus acquisition. Also, the fast (and sharper) lens with OS and much better EVF on the Q3 made it better to shoot in low-light, and more enjoyable, overall.
I kept the RX1RIII for a couple months and tried to love it, but I had been spoiled by the Q3 (and, to some degree, the A7CR), so I sold it. I am, admittedly, a bit of a Sony fanboy, so if the RX1RIV has the new 67mp (or better) sensor, some form of OS (I realize that IBIS is not realistic), a tilt-screen and a better EVF, I'll be ordering. Updated optics would also be great (they. would need to redesign the old Zeiss lens to include OS, anyway).
If one can live with no stabilization, a lackluster EVF and no tilt-screen, the RX1RIII is an outstanding camera IMHO. The technology packed into this tiny camera is amazing.