fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Moose at Schwabacher Landing

  
 
Monika C
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Moose at Schwabacher Landing


Nice job on the edit. I think most people would prefer it like that. I would be tempted to back it off just a smidge as moose are often just about black (I've frequently mistaken one for a large boulder or shadow around dusk when walking my dog).


Jul 27, 2026 at 09:31 AM
Allynb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Moose at Schwabacher Landing


Beautiful image. Book-Ready!


Jul 27, 2026 at 10:54 AM
Mark Metternich
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Moose at Schwabacher Landing


Lol. Although I would have been in complete awe of a moose right in my scene for the time it lasted, I would have also been like "get out of my photo!" Beautiful images!

On a carefully web calibrated display, I can see what Dan is getting at. Because both black and white ends are clipping (even more in the blacks) I think, in Raw, maybe just about a 10pt lift on your Point Curve (black point) and maybe a small lowering of your white point (maybe 5pts) might benefit the presentation and retain its natural look. Unnecessary, but I agree.



Jul 28, 2026 at 07:58 AM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · Moose at Schwabacher Landing


Some years ago I would have been in the “get out of my picture, you moose!” camp. It was only years later than I realized that a well-placed creature like this can really tie together a photography. (I’m always jealous of a good moose photo. After a month in Alaska I saw exactly one half of a moose, and it wasn’t the nice half.)

And, yes, getting the tonality of the moose just right is a delicate trick. There are subtle distinctions between too dark and “what a moose actually looks like” how a moose looks best in a photograph.




Jul 28, 2026 at 09:55 AM
1              end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account