fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
  

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Firmware v1.3.0 Available

  
 
JaimitoFrog
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Canon EOS R5 Mark II Firmware v1.3.0 Available


Nope. Just got back from an African safari. Had both the R1 and two R5IIs running the latest FW. No issues.

Alan Kefauver wrote:
There have been some reports of freeze ups after updating on some of the FB R5 mkII forums. May be user error, but I'll wait a while.
Anyone here have any issues? Any AF changes (stills)?




May 26, 2026 at 07:07 AM
Carlo_M
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Canon EOS R5 Mark II Firmware v1.3.0 Available


Orli1st wrote:
Yea people are saying to turn lens IS off and leave the in body on standard and I’ll be good to go.


You might want to check if that's possible with your lens. I no longer own the 24-70 2.8L (traded it in when I went to prime VCMs) but I just attached my 70-200 2.8L Z lens. If you have the IS switch on the lens to ON, the Image Stabilization setting in the R5ii menu is grayed out, saying it's controlled by the lens (meaning both the lens IS and the camera IBIS is meant to work together and they aren't allowing you to defeat the camera IBIS while the lens IS is on).

I then flicked the switch on the lens stabilization to Off and went back into the camera menu. It was still grayed out. I did a test picture and sure enough, both lens IS and IBIS were off because at 200mm the viewfinder showed shake.

I even turned off the camera and removed the battery for 5 seconds just to see if this was a glitch. Nope. It was still grayed out.

So at least for the 70-200 Z lens, it seems to be a "both or nothing" situation, I can either have lens IS+IBIS on, or both off, but not one or the other.



May 26, 2026 at 11:44 AM
kerrymattson
Offline
•
[X]
p.3 #3 · Canon EOS R5 Mark II Firmware v1.3.0 Available


For bird photography, and since I don’t really shoot video, the main feature I’d be excited about is being able to assign a custom button to toggle pre capture on and off. Honestly, that’s something I’ve been wishing they’d add for a long time



Sep 24, 2026 at 03:43 PM
1       2              end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account