fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Leica APO Summicron SL 35mm vs Sigma 35mm 1.2 / 1.4 Art II on SL3

  
 
RomanMF
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Leica APO Summicron SL 35mm vs Sigma 35mm 1.2 / 1.4 Art II on SL3


My man just casually shared an album full of BANGERS. Well done. The SL 35 APO is a nutty lens. Spooky sharp and clear. It reminded me a lot of when I first used a Zeiss Otus many years back. The clarity of the images is striking. Unforgiving, especially on faces, but striking.
thomasam wrote:
SL3 and 35 SL APO is what I use for 80% of my photos. I'll eventually add the 21 and 75 but for now use the Sigma ART 20 and 85/1.4s.

I often ask myself whether I should replace the APO35 with the new Sigma 1.4II and pocket the difference but the results of the APO 35 make that a painful proposition. Given the excellent results from the two other Sigmas and the amount of post-processing I do, it's probably more emotional than rational except for some of the conveniences around common filter sizes and such, but it's still a
...Show more →




Sep 30, 2026 at 04:21 PM
1              end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account