fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
  

Any recommendations for a vintage 35mm full-frame lens for Sony?

  
 
jowul
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Any recommendations for a vintage 35mm full-frame lens for Sony?


Yogifi wrote:
I've been using (and really liking) the Nikon 35/1.4 AIS but it's a bit chunky especially with the Sony adaptor on the a7cii, not terrible (with the L-bracket) .. but not ideal.

I imagine the f2s won't be much shorter, but perhaps it varies by mount?

The f2.8s I worry will be a bit too contrasty/grungy, but I haven't tried them in person and so just looking for suggestions before I risk more eBay purchases.

I've not found adding glimmerglass to a modern lens to give a similar look at the medium/long distance I'm looking for with these.


I can highly recommend the Voigtlander Ultron 35mm F1.7 L39 mount. I use it with a FotodioX L39 - NEX adapter.
Here is one Sample image taken after sunset.

The Bridge by Joachim Wulfers, on Flickr

I have a short album on my flickr account dedicated to this lens. Feel free to view.



Oct 11, 2026 at 01:34 PM
1       2              end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account