fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
  

Leica SL3 or SL3-S?

  
 
flash
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · Leica SL3 or SL3-S?


The Sigma i series DGDN primes are also excellent. The 45mm is more a *character* lens wide open but the rest are very sharp from wide open and have fast AF. If you need full weather sealing Leica does a 35 and 50mm Summilux in a light lens with fast AF.

There’s also the upcoming 50mm Summilux SL. Supposed to be the smallest 50mm AF lens available. About USD4K. Nick Rains really likes it as he’s one of the testers for it. Has some M summilux vibes apparently in the way it draws but a bit sharper across the frame.

Gordon



Oct 07, 2026 at 03:17 PM
flash
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · Leica SL3 or SL3-S?


JMPerona wrote:
Ok, I bought the SL3-P with the Leica 28-70mm zoom. I will now try to find a way to make it work for my as an everything camera, including trying to make it a little bit more portable with a fast lens (around 28-40mm). Any suggestions for smaller lenses?


See my post above.

Congrats on the new camera. I have mine almost permanently on electronic shutter for the highest IQ. So far so good. The only reason not to use ES is for small birds in flight and action stuff.

---------------------------------------------

jigesh wrote:
Congratulations! Enjoy!

Would love to hear from you if you get a chance. The only data point I found is here that suggests SL2-S EVF retains resolution of magnified image better than the SL3 series models: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/426034-magnification-manual-focus-w-sl3-sl3s/#comment-6014179 (with firmware 4.0 as per my PM exchange with the poster there).


I am getting a few camera ready to sell so I’ll try. Probably some time late this week or early ext. I don’t have a 2S, just a 2. There may be a small difference because of the sampled data for the EVF being a lower resolution on the SL2-S.

Gordon



Oct 07, 2026 at 03:24 PM
1       2              end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account