fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Either, or, or neither :) Replaced new photo

  
 
IndyFab
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Either, or, or neither :) Replaced new photo


Shasoc wrote:
Neither, GM. For a few reasons.

Mainly is the choice of the BG color that to my eyes ruins the mood of your images. Its color is very close, adjacent, to the color of the subject, and that makes the image flat. IOW, if you put a white subject against a white bg the subject gets lost.

If you put a white subject against a black BG the subject pops out and the image gains more power.
I also find the bg to be too saturated, (too aggressive), and brighter than the subject (first image), steeling more attention from the
...Show more →

I think the brighness level you brought up on subjects would work very well on Gandmas Orange Hues Backrounds



Jul 19, 2026 at 11:14 AM
IndyFab
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Either, or, or neither :) Replaced new photo


grandmas wrote:
New version


This brightness level on subject is what was lacking on your original image .






Jul 19, 2026 at 11:17 AM
christopher_icu
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Either, or, or neither :) Replaced new photo


Definitely the first one. I appreciate the richer saturation and warmth more than the second one. I feel something, perhaps a seasonal feeling. That not easy to do with still life.

grandmas wrote:
Either, or, or neither




Aug 15, 2026 at 11:43 AM
grandmas
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · Either, or, or neither :) Replaced new photo


christopher_icu wrote:
Definitely the first one. I appreciate the richer saturation and warmth more than the second one. I feel something, perhaps a seasonal feeling. That not easy to do with still life.



Thanks! The seasonal feeling is what I was going for, apparently it did not register with every one!



Aug 15, 2026 at 12:30 PM
1              end






FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account