FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end

Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton M-mount vs E-mount on Sony sensor

catacore
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton M-mount vs E-mount on Sony sensor

Peire wrote:
Yes.There is enough space for my middle sized hands.

Thanks for confirming.
You have some nice pictures with this Nokton, but I must say I am not a big fan of the bokeh on those pictures with fruits. The out-of-focus rendering, on those, is too "heavy" for me. But the lens seems sharp, even in the corners, at f/1, which is really impressive.

May 29, 2024 at 06:38 AM
Peire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton M-mount vs E-mount on Sony sensor

catacore wrote:
Thanks for confirming.
You have some nice pictures with this Nokton, but I must say I am not a big fan of the bokeh on those pictures with fruits. The out-of-focus rendering, on those, is too "heavy" for me. But the lens seems sharp, even in the corners, at f/1, which is really impressive.

The bokeh is in fact not "heavy" sui generis.It is PP that made it like this.

May 29, 2024 at 11:27 AM
Peire
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton M-mount vs E-mount on Sony sensor

Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.0 - part 3

ILCE-7RM4A    Voigtlander NOKTON 50mm F1 Aspherical lens    50mm    f/1.0    1/8000s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM4A    Voigtlander NOKTON 50mm F1 Aspherical lens    50mm    f/1.0    1/8000s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM4A    Voigtlander NOKTON 50mm F1 Aspherical lens    50mm    f/1.0    1/60s    125 ISO    0.0 EV  

ILCE-7RM4A    Voigtlander NOKTON 50mm F1 Aspherical lens    50mm    f/1.0    1/6400s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jun 01, 2024 at 04:00 AM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton M-mount vs E-mount on Sony sensor

It's a fine lens, but perhaps touchy. I am thinking it does best with less detailed scenes, examples being interiors and cafes, streetlife, the use of dramatic light. Bokeh seems to have the potential to be tetchy in well lit, close focused front/back compositions, but of course it's very much a matter of personal taste.

The detail rendered inside the deep bokeh may be off-putting to some, like picking up another person's spectacles by mistake. It may be a little fussy regarding focus distances. The examples on the lens page for this lens seems to show this opinion, they show more uniform backgrounds:

https://www.cosina.co.jp/voigtlander/en/vm-mount/nokton-50mm-f1-aspherical/

It has a very different rendering to the 75/1.5, where some might be looking for similarities:

https://www.cosina.co.jp/voigtlander/en/vm-mount/nokton-vintage-line-75mm-f1-5-aspherical/

Jun 01, 2024 at 05:05 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton M-mount vs E-mount on Sony sensor

philip_pj wrote:
It's a fine lens, but perhaps touchy. I am thinking it does best with less detailed scenes, examples being interiors and cafes, streetlife, the use of dramatic light. Bokeh seems to have the potential to be tetchy in well lit, close focused front/back compositions, but of course it's very much a matter of personal taste.

The detail rendered inside the deep bokeh may be off-putting to some, like picking up another person's spectacles by mistake. It may be a little fussy regarding focus distances. The examples on the lens page for this lens seems to show this opinion, they show
...Show more

To me, the main drawback of the CV 50/1 Nokton isn't its rendering, which may not be technically perfect but adds a touch of character that I personally enjoy. The real issue is the significant amount of outward field curvature. This is especially noticeable since the center rendering is smooth, while off-axis elements appear sharper and more structured towards the edges. This effect becomes more pronounced when shooting subjects at mid-distance, around 2-2.5 meters. Most 50mm lenses exhibit some field curvature, so it's a common challenge with such fast lenses.

Jun 06, 2024 at 02:57 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.