Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Anyone ship a print to Europe, or work with a printer there?

Jeff
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone ship a print to Europe, or work with a printer there?

Just got an inquiry for a large print of the Utah Monolith, but I've never actually dealt with sending a print to Europe from the U.S. (I'm sure it would be expensive). Has anyone ever worked with a lab in Europe to make this easier, and if so, was it worth doing? Love to hear any details anyone might have.

I'm off for a week of shooting tomorrow morning (will be mostly off-grid), but will try to check in when I have service,

Thanks,

Jeff

Apr 04, 2024 at 11:54 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone ship a print to Europe, or work with a printer there?

I have shipped prints and a large canvas to the UK, but only rolled, and the recipient (my family but I'd do the same if it were a sale) had to arrange mounting. Working with a framer may be simpler than a printer + framer. I used USPS for shipping.

Apr 05, 2024 at 05:47 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone ship a print to Europe, or work with a printer there?

Keep in mind that Europeans have different size standards than in the US! It's not easy for them to get off the shelf frames for our standard sizes.

Apr 05, 2024 at 05:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mkuznicki
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone ship a print to Europe, or work with a printer there?

https://www.whitewall.com/us

Print lab is in Germany. They offer ISO paper sizes if that's what your client wants, but also plenty of framing, metal and acrylic options if you are trying to provide a ready-to-hang solution. I've been happy with their quality. This approach will be much easier and cheaper than purchasing from a domestic lab and having it shipped overseas.

Apr 06, 2024 at 06:10 AM
John Caldwell
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone ship a print to Europe, or work with a printer there?

Numerous times I have shipped unmounted, and rolled, prints to Paris using FedEx. A few times Gator Foam-mounted prints were shipped. Sizes were up to 24" x 40". Costs were intense, but the results were results I could pre-approve and attest to.

Apr 10, 2024 at 04:51 PM
Jeff
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone ship a print to Europe, or work with a printer there?

Thanks to all for the info! Too bad there doesn't appear to be a lab we can work with that will ship all over Europe, and we just send them the file (the way we do here in the U.S.).

Apr 17, 2024 at 05:42 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.