New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Nikon Z600f4

DanBurnsFoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Z600f4

Hello All:

My name is Dan Burns. I'm fairly new to FredMiranda.com

I've been a professional sports/adventure photographer since the early 80's and have logged in 42 years shooting the NFL and have an equal amount of time invested shooting motor sports.

At my age (71) I'm interested in downsizing as I'm shooting fewer and fewer events that require my six month old Z600f4. I'm a little cautious about just putting the lens out there without testing the waters to see what interest there might be.

I appreciate any feedback!

Thank you,

Dan

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:05 AM
PaulCStudios
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Z600f4

Hi Dan,

Sounds like a very interesting career.

It is like anyplace you sell gear you have to get to know the people and the site. I have been on FM for years. I buy and sell on here all the time. As a matter of fact purchased a lens today. But I him and we have purchased and sold to each other before.

Take some time on the Nikon forum and get to know people there, and the same with the sports forum. I am sure you will find it worth while, and you might be able to meet face to face to sell the lens.

Have not been in Greenwich in years, I ran race Sailboats out of there a few summers in the 80's.

Jan 16, 2024 at 03:41 PM
tntcorp1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Z600f4

well, a z 600/4 was fs 2 months ago and withdrawn. perhaps potential buyers were discouraged by the asking price of 15.3K, or the flexible option of the 400/2.8 & 1.4x tc.

good luck with the sales. ))

Jan 16, 2024 at 04:55 PM
DanBurnsFoto

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon Z600f4

Hi Paul,

I might be foolish but Iíve always purchased my gear new. Since I donít purchase on line and have no selling history itís hard for me with no standing in the Fred Miranda community to sell.

Iíve spent 42 years shooting for the NY Giants and the NFL. Iíve spent an equal amount of time shooting Motorsports (cars & motocross). Thatís the glamorous part of my life. My bread & butter is shooting for a private boys school in Greenwich. I do their sports and theatrical events.

In addition to the Z600 I also have the Z400f2.. Both those lens have a 1.4 converter built into the lens. So, the 400 alone is not only a 400 but a 560f4. Iím not shooting enough these days to justify both the 400 & 600so Iíd like to let the latter go.

I checked out your profile. You seem well established in the boat racing community. In my youth I owned a Sunfish! Every Greenwich kid in the 60ís had a Volkswagen, Sunfish & Topsiders! I kept my boat at the public area at Todís Point. I suspect your time in Greenwich was spent at Belle Haven, Riverside or Indian Harbor. The school I shoot for races out of Indian Harbor.

Paul, thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated!

Best,
Dan

[email protected]
646-423-0907

Jan 16, 2024 at 06:07 PM
DanBurnsFoto

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon Z600f4

Thanks for your feedback. The lens hasnít been around for long. Both the 400 & 600 are back ordered on B&H, Adorama and most of the websites Iíve seen. I guess if a shooter could really benefit from having that lens in their bag they might jump at the opportunity to make a purchase. I checked out eBay. They had two Z600ís listed at $15.5 but both had international warranties which Nikon USA canít honor. I appreciate you taking the time to check out my post and offer a response!!

Jan 16, 2024 at 06:33 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.