New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Old-timer photog with new paid Lightroom and pro Smugmug- very basic HELP!-

mari-20D
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Old-timer photog with new paid Lightroom and pro Smugmug- very basic HELP!-

Please advise me if there is a more appropriate Forum- don't want to make waves, just need a good understanding of basic workflow needed with Smug-mug now successfully linked to Lightroom (not the Classic version which I have not yet had time to master). First, it seems that I can only upload to the site from the Macbook pro and not the Ipad pro. - is this correct? Also:
( 1) I was proud to finally figure out how to upload photos to the proper gallery until I realized when I split a photo into two halves I can't get it to change the rule "replace duplicates" or alter the preset for that setting. The menus are baffling to me. I don't even know which program needs to set the rules. Renaming both photos and changing the time on one did not help.
(2) How do I make sure in Lightroom that all photos exported ("shared") are at 100% and in Adobe RGB? I see settings in the export menu but not the share and send to Smugmug "Connections" menus.
(3) How on earth do I find a "Publish" button on Smugmug and what is it good for? Does it force a refresh only or is it essential?
It seems to pop up at random times in their baffling group of settings menus... (I do realize I can call them or Google this last but I'm overwhelmed with too many questions to count lol). Thanks so much in advance and I promise real technical questions soon- Marilyn

Jan 01, 2024 at 10:00 PM
mari-20D
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Old-timer photog with new paid Lightroom and pro Smugmug- very basic HELP!-

What resources or Forums are most helpful for me at this stage or do I need to spend hours with tech departments in scattered countries? Iím a rural veterinarian who rediscovered a passion for photography and needs to get this site barely functional to ease into retirement quickly as possible with limited free time- M

Jan 02, 2024 at 08:30 AM
story_teller
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Old-timer photog with new paid Lightroom and pro Smugmug- very basic HELP!-

I can help with a couple parts of the questions -

2. - Smugmug automatically converts from AdobeRGB to sRGB when you upload. It might be better to covert in LR before you upload. That way you can see the results and adjust if necessary.
3. - When you upload photos to Smugmug, you publish automatically.

Not sure if youíve seen this -
https://www.smugmughelp.com/hc/en-us/articles/18212817296660-Quickstart-guide

Itís been a few years since I had a Smugmug webpage, so some of the above may have changed.
Good Luck!

Jan 02, 2024 at 09:03 AM
mari-20D
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Old-timer photog with new paid Lightroom and pro Smugmug- very basic HELP!-

story_teller you donít know how much that helped! It is so hard with an unreliable internet connection to learn by trial and error when changes take forever to be reflected on the site lol. Thank you so much and Happy New Year- M

Jan 02, 2024 at 10:03 AM
story_teller
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Old-timer photog with new paid Lightroom and pro Smugmug- very basic HELP!-

Youíre very welcome and hope you have an outstanding 2024 as well!

Jan 03, 2024 at 06:22 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.