Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Duran Duran Back Then

  
 
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Duran Duran Back Then


Congratulations to Danpbphoto for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 4 votes - View Previous Winners


Converted some negatives to digital. One of my most favorite groups from then until now and beyond. One of my most favorite bass players ever and a great friend and Roger Taylor on the "skins". The Taylor's are NOT related.
Nikon CoolScan 4000ED(?)





Canon AE1-135mm




Oct 23, 2023 at 11:50 AM
Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Duran Duran Back Then


Concert photography was so much more difficult back in the film era between lack of sensitive emulsions to having only 36 frames before you had to rewind (in the dark) and change film. Back in the day I mostly shot high speed Ektachrome (ISO400) pushed to 1600 and shot with a Nikon 180mm 2.8. You did a great job shooting and scanning color neg here.


Oct 24, 2023 at 12:24 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Duran Duran Back Then


Peter Figen wrote:
Concert photography was so much more difficult back in the film era between lack of sensitive emulsions to having only 36 frames before you had to rewind (in the dark) and change film. Back in the day I mostly shot high speed Ektachrome (ISO400) pushed to 1600 and shot with a Nikon 180mm 2.8. You did a great job shooting and scanning color neg here.

Thanks Peter! Appreciate your comments! YES!!!! Yes I also used Ektachrome400 but did not push it. I was in the early stages of my photography and was still trying to develop how I shot. This could have been much better but I got wrapped up in position, angle, entire group or just JT and drummer...but with a 135..I was too close for a group shot and only had 1 camera with me.
Thanks!




Oct 25, 2023 at 11:20 AM
Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Duran Duran Back Then


Danpbphoto wrote:
Thanks Peter! Appreciate your comments! YES!!!! Yes I also used Ektachrome400 but did not push it. I was in the early stages of my photography and was still trying to develop how I shot. This could have been much better but I got wrapped up in position, angle, entire group or just JT and drummer...but with a 135..I was too close for a group shot and only had 1 camera with me.
Thanks!



We were so innocent back then. I might have had two cameras but only a Nikon 180mm, a 105mm and maybe a 50mm. It's amazing we ever got anything, and yet, here we are.




Oct 25, 2023 at 11:42 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Duran Duran Back Then


Peter Figen wrote:
We were so innocent back then. I might have had two cameras but only a Nikon 180mm, a 105mm and maybe a 50mm. It's amazing we ever got anything, and yet, here we are.






Oct 25, 2023 at 11:49 AM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Duran Duran Back Then


Well done Dan.




Oct 25, 2023 at 04:45 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Duran Duran Back Then


Thanks brother! I was in the UK on business and "baby sitting" but had some "one-on-one time" with "JT" and the band.
And I had my camera with me! Having the time to bring it was very unusual for my job..but the "baby sitting" part accomplished that.
Dan



Oct 27, 2023 at 09:58 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

gunmetal
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Duran Duran Back Then


Awesome pic, Dan.

Huge DD fan here. I had a Simon LeBon poster on my wall growing up because I was supposed to be just like him!

Am I remember correctly that one of the Taylor's either passed away or was/is too ill that he couldn't be there when they were inducted to the R&R Hall of Fame a couple years ago?



Oct 27, 2023 at 04:54 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Duran Duran Back Then


gunmetal wrote:
Awesome pic, Dan.

Huge DD fan here. I had a Simon LeBon poster on my wall growing up because I was supposed to be just like him!

Am I remember correctly that one of the Taylor's either passed away or was/is too ill that he couldn't be there when they were inducted to the R&R Hall of Fame a couple years ago?

You are correct...guitarist Andy Taylor( none of the 3 Taylor's were related) was unable to make the trip due to prostate cancer issue.

They are indeed a fantastic band!!!!! Extremely tight in their musicality!
Dan




Oct 28, 2023 at 11:01 AM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Duran Duran Back Then





Oct 28, 2023 at 05:22 PM
J. Pow
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Duran Duran Back Then


Very cool, They were awesome!

Joel



Nov 05, 2023 at 07:05 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Duran Duran Back Then


J. Pow wrote:
Very cool, They were awesome!

Joel

I saw/photographed them this summer here in Mary-land. They have NOT lost that "touch". Like a fine wine they be!
Many of the musical groups I grew up with, more so in the late 70's and 80's, are still rockin'!
Thanks Joel.




Nov 06, 2023 at 10:36 AM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Duran Duran Back Then


congrats on the well deserved win, brother.


Nov 06, 2023 at 01:02 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Duran Duran Back Then


kdacharya wrote:
congrats on the well deserved win, brother.

Many thanks braugh!




Nov 06, 2023 at 03:20 PM







FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.