fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       72              end
  

Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses

  
 
Mystik
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #1 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses


Was excited about the Nikon Z5IIC for about 5 mins till I noticed no EVF and massive grip to fit the battery. So close to getting it right.

I do think it will be difficult to put an an EVF in a rangefinder style Z mount camera that has a similar profile to an M setup due to the diameter of the mount. The Z5IIC even without EVF is noticeably larger than the Sony A7c series. Hopefully MF focus confirmation gets added to the next gen A7c bodies. Or maybe Lumix S9II gets an EVF and MF confirmation.



Sep 25, 2026 at 10:13 AM
FrozenInTime
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #2 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses


Mystik wrote:
Was excited about the Nikon Z5IIC for about 5 mins till I noticed no EVF and massive grip to fit the battery. So close to getting it right.

I do think it will be difficult to put an an EVF in a rangefinder style Z mount camera that has a similar profile to an M setup due to the diameter of the mount. The Z5IIC even without EVF is noticeably larger than the Sony A7c series. Hopefully MF focus confirmation gets added to the next gen A7c bodies. Or maybe Lumix S9II gets an EVF and MF confirmation.


I would say that making the ZS wider is not an issue for me, but I do wish to avoid the additional height of a pseudo pentaprism EVF. For a film centric camera I do find the ZR’s tilt-flip LCD annoyingly offset from the lens axis, which makes following a subject tricky, so a tilt screen would also be preferred.



Sep 25, 2026 at 02:00 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #3 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses








Contax 60mm f/2.8 Makro-Planar.

Edited on Sep 27, 2026 at 10:54 AM · View previous versions



Sep 26, 2026 at 11:28 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

bcguy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #4 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses


Edward Weston lives!


Sep 26, 2026 at 09:39 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.73 #5 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses


He most certainly does! What a photographer. It is interesting to try to recreate classic works like that. I mean, his pepper is awesome, I would be very lucky to get my hands on a pepper like that, but the lighting and the surroundings were fun to try to duplicate, and it got me much more into the process. The results of course has dubious value, I am merely copying, but at least it got the juices flowing.


Sep 26, 2026 at 11:07 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.73 #6 · Nikon Zf as a platform for adapted/native manual focus lenses


for info, Nikonistas:
..





Oct 01, 2026 at 05:43 PM
1       2       3       …       72              end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       72              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account