Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
  

Metal Prints: Who?

  
 
Al Trujillo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Metal Prints: Who?


I've used BayPhoto for several years and have been relatively pleased with them but I'd also would like to expand my printing base and wonder who else is out there and what success have you had with them?

Thanks!



Sep 24, 2023 at 08:15 PM
neilvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Metal Prints: Who?


Just a heads-up for you. If you try WhiteWall, keep in mind that they are from Germany. They don't make that clear when purchasing. As a result, I was surprised with a $50+ duty/customs fee when it arrived at my door...


Sep 25, 2023 at 03:27 AM
Al Trujillo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Metal Prints: Who?


neilvan wrote:
Just a heads-up for you. If you try WhiteWall, keep in mind that they are from Germany. They don't make that clear when purchasing. As a result, I was surprised with a $50+ duty/customs fee when it arrived at my door...


Wow! Thanks for this info....I'm sure that hurts.



Sep 25, 2023 at 07:16 AM
Norm Shapiro
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Metal Prints: Who?


I have used Printique by Adorama for many years and always happy with the prints. Nevada Art Printers are also excellent, but their building crates for metal prints really raises the overall cost.


Sep 25, 2023 at 01:58 PM
RickPerry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Metal Prints: Who?


I have used Pro Prints for quite a few years.. Always great quality metal prints at a reasonable cost, and timely delivery.


Oct 04, 2023 at 06:49 AM
sbay
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Metal Prints: Who?


neilvan wrote:
Just a heads-up for you. If you try WhiteWall, keep in mind that they are from Germany. They don't make that clear when purchasing. As a result, I was surprised with a $50+ duty/customs fee when it arrived at my door...


Are you in the US? If so, I'm surprised they can make the shipping costs work.



Oct 04, 2023 at 10:05 AM
neilvan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Metal Prints: Who?




sbay wrote:
Are you in the US? If so, I'm surprised they can make the shipping costs work.


In western Canada actually, I will say that they got it produced quickly and the shipping was blazing fast...



Oct 05, 2023 at 10:32 AM
Al Trujillo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Metal Prints: Who?


RickPerry wrote:
I have used Pro Prints for quite a few years.. Always great quality metal prints at a reasonable cost, and timely delivery.


The galleries around here all require a wire hanger on prints. I didn't see that option from Pro Prints and wonder if you have any experience with this?



Oct 16, 2023 at 07:38 PM
RickPerry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Metal Prints: Who?


I have run into the same situation. Pro Prints does offer Canvas prints with traditional wire hangers, but not on the metal prints as far as I can see. The galleries are worried about Prints slipping off of walls and damaging other displayed art. They trust traditional wire systems. I can see their point.

Rick



Oct 17, 2023 at 06:30 AM
sprucemesa
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Metal Prints: Who?


Take a look at Full Color in Dallas. I've had good results with their metal prints.

Ken



Oct 17, 2023 at 06:34 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

CanadaMark
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Metal Prints: Who?


You might already know this but keep in mind metal prints can be very different, so just double check exactly what you are ordering.

Some metal prints are literally printed on bare metal, and have a dull/grungy look to them.

The metal prints that I think most people are after are first coated with high-gloss white, and those are the metal prints that have a "wet" look to them with the really deep colors and lots of pop. The print shop I use markets them as "HD" metal prints.



Oct 17, 2023 at 11:58 AM
MMP
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Metal Prints: Who?


I came in the thread specifically to suggest BayPhoto. I've tried ProPrints and Adorama. I liked ProPrints better than Adorama, but I never re-ordered from either and went back to BayPhoto. In my 10+years of using them, I don't have a single complaint about any product I've ever ordered, including metal prints.


Oct 17, 2023 at 11:56 PM
Jeff
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Metal Prints: Who?


Have you ordered an Epic print from Bay? It's a big step up from metal, the sheer matte surface is... luminous. It looks great in all kinds of light. You can also elect for 600dpi HD printing if you have such files.


Nov 09, 2023 at 08:58 AM
Al Trujillo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Metal Prints: Who?




Jeff wrote:
Have you ordered an Epic print from Bay? It's a big step up from metal, the sheer matte surface is... luminous. It looks great in all kinds of light. You can also elect for 600dpi HD printing if you have such files.


Thanks Jeff. Iíll take a closer look at this option.



Nov 10, 2023 at 10:47 PM
lookoutscout
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Metal Prints: Who?


I suggest Legacy Film Lab in Tustin, CA. Talk with Sam YU, owner. Or Nevada Art Printers in Las Vegas. Both are top drawer.


Apr 21, 2024 at 07:35 AM
douter
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Metal Prints: Who?


I have successfully use Printique, formerly Adorama's print service with great results.
Douglas



Apr 21, 2024 at 10:31 AM
MRomine
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Metal Prints: Who?


https://www.millerslab.com/wall-art/vivid-metal-prints


May 29, 2024 at 11:26 AM
wsheldon
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Metal Prints: Who?


RickPerry wrote:
I have run into the same situation. Pro Prints does offer Canvas prints with traditional wire hangers, but not on the metal prints as far as I can see. The galleries are worried about Prints slipping off of walls and damaging other displayed art. They trust traditional wire systems. I can see their point.

Rick


I've encountered the same issue, so I started paying extra for Bay Photo's Exhibit Mounts. The metal is glued to 2mm styrene then an aluminum frame with wire is attached giving you a float mount. Very sturdy and elegant look on the wall, and gallery-friendly.

https://bayphoto.com/wall-displays/metalprints/exhibit-mounts/

Wade



May 29, 2024 at 12:34 PM
RickPerry
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Metal Prints: Who?


Wade,

It is good to know that someone is providing that option for metal prints. Thanks for the link.

Rick



May 30, 2024 at 07:03 AM
lsquare
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Metal Prints: Who?




neilvan wrote:
In western Canada actually, I will say that they got it produced quickly and the shipping was blazing fast...


I'm confused. First, you said Germany and now it's Canada?



Jul 04, 2024 at 02:42 AM
       2       end






FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.