fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       80              82       end
  

Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread

  
 
Fred Amico
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #1 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Z9 w/180-600, f8, 1/1250, ISO 500




Aug 17, 2026 at 01:17 PM
Outstanding
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #2 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Re-edited. I took this photo more than a year ago and completely messed up the moment by shooting at 1/3200 when the subject was literally posing for me.




Aug 17, 2026 at 09:19 PM
Fred Amico
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #3 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Z9 w/180-600 @ 600mm, f8, 1/640, ISO 2200




Aug 24, 2026 at 08:12 PM
Outstanding
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #4 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Nikon Z 8
NIKKOR Z 180-600mm

American bushtit




Edited on Aug 27, 2026 at 10:52 PM · View previous versions



Aug 27, 2026 at 10:44 PM
Outstanding
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #5 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Nikon Z 8
NIKKOR Z 180-600mm






Aug 27, 2026 at 10:48 PM
Outstanding
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #6 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Nikon Z 8
NIKKOR Z 180-600mm




Aug 27, 2026 at 10:50 PM
GravelBen
Online
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #7 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Fantail / Piwakawaka by Ben, on Flickr

Z5ii @ ISO 12800 in fading light

New Zealand Fantail / Piwakawaka



Aug 29, 2026 at 08:26 PM
GravelBen
Online
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #8 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Not many landscapes in this thread...

Mount Ida by Ben, on Flickr



Sep 02, 2026 at 05:47 AM
OwlsEyes
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #9 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Yesterday was an epic day of whale watching.
I have been a researcher living on boats in the Bering Sea and the North Central Pacific, I went on a one week marine mammal workshop where a sale boat was my lodging and platform for photography, I've gone whale watching in the Monterey Bay no fewer than 15 times throughout the past two years, but I've never seen a breeching party like I saw today. I think I saw more breeches in the 3 hours of yesterday's whale trip than I have in all of my trips combined! I'll estimate that there were 50 distinct breeches because I captured 34 of them on one memory card and know I missed quite a few... crazy great day with more pictures to follow.

I use the Z8 and 180-600 when I'm on the water, as that is the kit that offers me the best range and is had holdable for long stretches of time... it is possible that the 100-400 would have been a better choice, as the whales wanted to be close to us.

regards,
bruce






  NIKON Z 8    NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR lens    180mm    f/8.0    1/2500s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  




Sep 02, 2026 at 10:16 AM
OwlsEyes
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #10 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Two more from yesterday's outing...
I'm heading tomorrow morning to see if the action is still good and to get some soft light...

bruce







  NIKON Z 8    NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR lens    180mm    f/8.0    1/2500s    640 ISO    0.0 EV  






  NIKON Z 8    NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR lens    180mm    f/8.0    1/2500s    450 ISO    0.0 EV  




Sep 02, 2026 at 05:11 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Jemini
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #11 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


OwlsEyes wrote:
Two more from yesterday's outing...
I'm heading tomorrow morning to see if the action is still good and to get some soft light...

bruce



The first one is awesome. It shows comparative size of the animal!!



Sep 03, 2026 at 06:29 AM
Jemini
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #12 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


OwlsEyes wrote:
Yesterday was an epic day of whale watching.
I have been a researcher living on boats in the Bering Sea and the North Central Pacific, I went on a one week marine mammal workshop where a sale boat was my lodging and platform for photography, I've gone whale watching in the Monterey Bay no fewer than 15 times throughout the past two years, but I've never seen a breeching party like I saw today. I think I saw more breeches in the 3 hours of yesterday's whale trip than I have in all of my trips combined! I'll estimate that
...Show more →

Officially jealous



Sep 03, 2026 at 06:31 AM
OwlsEyes
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #13 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Jemini wrote:
The first one is awesome. It shows comparative size of the animal!!


Thanks for the note... I went out again today, not quite as amazing as Tuesday's outing, but it did end with a whale burning some energy and jumping for "joy"

cheers,
bruce



Sep 03, 2026 at 08:09 PM
OwlsEyes
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #14 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


I want to share just one more...
This one was from yesterday, my 2nd outing in 3 days. There were about 40 whales in the bay, but they were not breeching until my time was up. We were treated to a food 30 minutes of activity as we were heading back to port.

This whale is breeching towards our position. You can see the eye and what looks like a whale's smile

regards,
bruce





  NIKON Z 8    NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR lens    180mm    f/11.0    1/2500s    2200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Sep 04, 2026 at 09:04 PM
sum1sgrampa
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #15 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Z9 Z180-600







Sep 12, 2026 at 10:49 AM
Outstanding
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #16 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Nikon Z 8
NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR














Sep 12, 2026 at 02:43 PM
PixiPhotography
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #17 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


This lens is simply amazing

















Sep 12, 2026 at 11:01 PM
Fred Amico
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #18 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Z9 w/180-600 @ 600mm, f6.3, 1/2500, ISO 2500




Sep 13, 2026 at 04:43 PM
Outstanding
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.81 #19 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Nikon Z 8
NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR




Sep 13, 2026 at 10:34 PM
Jemini
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.81 #20 · Official Nikon Z 180-600mm f5.6-6.3 VR Image Thread


Awesome. Do you think precapture would help these shots? Did u miss anything since you don't have precapture? Also where exactly these shots from?

OwlsEyes wrote:
I want to share just one more...
This one was from yesterday, my 2nd outing in 3 days. There were about 40 whales in the bay, but they were not breeching until my time was up. We were treated to a food 30 minutes of activity as we were heading back to port.

This whale is breeching towards our position. You can see the eye and what looks like a whale's smile

regards,
bruce




Sep 14, 2026 at 05:00 AM
1       2       3       …       80              82       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       80              82       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account