New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

longer term photo licensing

stevenvh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · longer term photo licensing

Hello all,
I have a request for licensing of my most popular and valuable image (so far) for possible periods of 1,2 or 3 years. The image will be framed and displayed at a prominent London music venue and licensing is at least partially sponsored by Marshall Amplifiers.
I just started searching the web for any similar examples and thought to ask here as well.
I'm looking for guidance regarding licensing fees.
For reference: Marshall previously licensed the image for an ad campaign for a fee of 1500GBP; I recently sold a large, framed custom print to a collector through a Hollywood gallery for $1000; and it is licensed in perpetuity to the Smithsonian Institute.
The request comes from a major film production/content fulfillment agent I've previously worked with.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steven

Aug 14, 2023 at 11:22 AM
djmCLT

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · longer term photo licensing

Well done! Nice problem to have 🙂

I don't have any experience worth sharing but I'd suggest maybe directly contacting someone who works in the professional photography field. If it were me, I'd contact Scott Choucino (Tin House Studio on YouTube). He has a bunch of videos related to licensing (he shoots global campaigns for household names). I'm pretty sure he talks about a commonly used spreadsheet that professionals use for this that factors in length of use and how it will be used.

Is there anywhere online we can see the image?

Djmclt

Aug 15, 2023 at 09:11 AM
jwpstl
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · longer term photo licensing

https://cradocfotosoftware.com/fotoquote/

Aug 15, 2023 at 12:09 PM
stevenvh
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · longer term photo licensing

I caught up with another event photog and decided to start at $1k per year. Now waiting for a reply.
You can see the image here.

cheers

Aug 20, 2023 at 09:55 PM
djmCLT

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · longer term photo licensing

Great shot! Thanks for sharing.

Aug 21, 2023 at 02:13 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.