FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

Archive 2023 · Looking for a good one-camera system in 2023

gunmetal
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Looking for a good one-camera system in 2023

chuck77 wrote:
At first I was in Lightroom as well, but I have transitioned over to Capture One now.

Capture One is better indeed, and I think the smeary/noisy look in the shadows has improved even in Lightroom after a recent firmware.

The biggest issue I have is the XT5 overheating on me shooting stills. This was mainly in the summer in 30 deg C weather, or indoors on a hot day.

What do you shoot on the Sony and what do you shoot on the XH2s?

I shoot the sports (mostly Golf and Soccer) on the XH2s because of the XF 200mm F2 and the super high burst mode of the XH2s that is rolling shutter free. It also gets used for some video work. The Sony kit is mostly landscape and portraits, but I've been questioning why I have two kits lately. I printed a couple of 16"X24" images taken with the A7Riv and the XH2s and they're literally indistinguishable to my eye (viewing from as close as my eyes will focus). Even more so to the casual viewer. I would love to make bigger prints, but it's not that realistic for me and I still don't know that I would notice.

That's surprising that the XT5 is overheating - especially at that temp. Have you heard of other XT5 users having that problem? I've shot the XH2s in 95-100* F temps with huge burst modes and some video and haven't ever had an issue.

Sep 22, 2023 at 11:13 AM
chuck77
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Looking for a good one-camera system in 2023

gunmetal wrote:
That's surprising that the XT5 is overheating - especially at that temp. Have you heard of other XT5 users having that problem? I've shot the XH2s in 95-100* F temps with huge burst modes and some video and haven't ever had an issue.

I havenít heard of the overheating issue on the XT5 from other users yet, but when I checked on some Fuji forums, some folks reported that they had the same overheating problems in hot European summer climates on their XT4, XT3, etc. This is already my replacement XT5 and I have again run into the same overheating issues.

I suspect that itís because the XT5 body is substantially smaller and that there is less room to passively cool the internals. The XH2/2S gets an optional fan unit (albeit for video mainly), but the XT5 has no such option.

Sep 22, 2023 at 12:49 PM
gunmetal
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Looking for a good one-camera system in 2023

chuck77 wrote:
I havenít heard of the overheating issue on the XT5 from other users yet, but when I checked on some Fuji forums, some folks reported that they had the same overheating problems in hot European summer climates on their XT4, XT3, etc. This is already my replacement XT5 and I have again run into the same overheating issues.

I suspect that itís because the XT5 body is substantially smaller and that there is less room to passively cool the internals. The XH2/2S gets an optional fan unit (albeit for video mainly), but the XT5 has no such option.

Yeah that still is confusing because 30* really isn't that hot. I used an XT3 in Cartagena, Columbia last summer when it was 85-90*F with 90% humidity and it worked perfectly. And like I mentioned earlier, I recently shot for 4+ hours in 95* F with the XH2s (no cooling fan) and it never missed a beat. But maybe the XT5 struggles with its higher resolution sensor and smaller body.

Glad you're liking Capture One. DXO Photolab 6 does a great job too. I don't understand why Lightroom won't change their default import settings. It's widely known they totally mishandle the grain structure which you can correct, but it's time consuming.

Sep 22, 2023 at 10:37 PM
ICee
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Looking for a good one-camera system in 2023

Have you considered a Sony A1, it gives you good MP and is capable at high ISOs.

Dec 27, 2023 at 05:57 AM
1              end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.