Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Mountain Girl

  
 
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mountain Girl


Congratulations to charley5 for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 11 votes - View Previous Winners


I visited a remote mountain village in Himachal Pradesh, India, where I met this young girl. She had an endearing smile. The views were spectacular, as the image suggests.

-Charles







Jun 06, 2023 at 08:54 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mountain Girl


Charles,
She indeed has a beautiful smile and bare feet!!!!

I posted a photo awhile back of 2 Montagnard girls seeing their 1st American in 1968.
While there was not the engaging smile, the timidness of the younger sister and the curiosity of the elder sister had to take that shot with an Instamatic.

The indigenous peoples of SE Asia were almost 100% barefoot at this time.

I always wondered about sharp objects and such.

Again wonderful engaging image!
Dan







Jun 06, 2023 at 12:37 PM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mountain Girl


A beautiful image, wonderful smile.

Dave



Jun 06, 2023 at 02:48 PM
bcguy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mountain Girl


What a warm, modest smile she has. Very beautiful!


Jun 06, 2023 at 03:23 PM
douter
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mountain Girl


Charley, your processing is top notch!
Douglas



Jun 07, 2023 at 06:33 AM
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mountain Girl


Danpbphoto wrote:
Charles,
She indeed has a beautiful smile and bare feet!!!!

I posted a photo awhile back of 2 Montagnard girls seeing their 1st American in 1968.
While there was not the engaging smile, the timidness of the younger sister and the curiosity of the elder sister had to take that shot with an Instamatic.

The indigenous peoples of SE Asia were almost 100% barefoot at this time.

I always wondered about sharp objects and such.

Again wonderful engaging image!
Dan


Dan, yours is a classic shot. It says so much if one reads between the lines. The fact that they were barefoot to me just shows how much more in touch with planet earth the indigenous people are.

-Charles



Jun 07, 2023 at 08:30 AM
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mountain Girl


Dave_E wrote:
A beautiful image, wonderful smile.

Dave


Thanks a bunch, Dave. She had such a sweet and innocent smile, untouched by modern society and all its complexities.

-Charles



Jun 07, 2023 at 08:31 AM
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mountain Girl


douter wrote:
Charley, your processing is top notch!
Douglas


Thanks a bunch, Douglas. I really appreciate that!

-Charles



Jun 07, 2023 at 08:32 AM
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mountain Girl


bcguy wrote:
What a warm, modest smile she has. Very beautiful!


She had an air of innocence about her. You really see how uncomplicated and more pure this sort of life is!

-Charles



Jun 07, 2023 at 08:33 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mountain Girl


charley5 wrote:
Dan, yours is a classic shot. It says so much if one reads between the lines. The fact that they were barefoot to me just shows how much more in touch with planet earth the indigenous people are.

-Charles

Thank You Charles!
It was a surreal experience for my team. Our translator spoke at length to the 2 young girls and they led us to the village elder. The village is in our right rear.

I told this story before but I used my ration card to buy cigarettes, liquor, candy, and "womanly things" and presented them to the village elder as a sign of friendship as well as the courtesy of letting us pass through his "property" without a confrontation. All over the area of operations I was working in and/or Country at the time.

It worked 100% of my 2 years in SE Asia. We were always welcomed and spent some time drinking their "village brew". It was nasty stuff! It was fermented in the ground and with a liquid I wilI not disclose what is was, “Ba Moui Ba”(not the real beer) learned how to pretend to drink without swallowing. So as not to offend the elder or his wife. The wife of the elder was especially kind and especially nasty if we did NOT present her with a "gift". She came 1st.

Just some blabbing about people meeting a people never seen before. Yes they had seen French soldiers but no Americans.
Thanks!
Dan




Jun 07, 2023 at 09:40 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mountain Girl


Danpbphoto wrote:
Thank You Charles!
It was a surreal experience for my team. Our translator spoke at length to the 2 young girls and they led us to the village elder. The village is in our right rear.

I told this story before but I used my ration card to buy cigarettes, liquor, candy, and "womanly things" and presented them to the village elder as a sign of friendship as well as the courtesy of letting us pass through his "property" without a confrontation. All over the area of operations I was working in and/or Country at the time.

It worked 100% of my 2
...Show more

I always love your stories, Dan! Thankfully, I am not in a war zone here. Mountain people are naturally friendly, particularly when I supply them with prints a few days later. Then they always welcome me back.

-Charles




Jun 07, 2023 at 09:56 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mountain Girl


charley5 wrote:
I always love your stories, Dan! Thankfully, I am not in a war zone here. Mountain people are naturally friendly, particularly when I supply them with prints a few days later. Then they always welcome me back.

-Charles



The Hmongs and Monty's were always friendly when paid respect. They had been colonized by so many Country's and hated by the Chinese.

I learned my preface to the story from my mentor upon arriving in SE Asia. He was an Inuit eskimo. A seal tracker. He taught me how to "see" without looking.
I carried all of his teachings through 40 years of federal service also.





Jun 07, 2023 at 10:13 AM
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Mountain Girl


Danpbphoto wrote:
The Hmongs and Monty's were always friendly when paid respect. They had been colonized by so many Country's and hated by the Chinese.

I learned my preface to the story from my mentor upon arriving in SE Asia. He was an Inuit eskimo. A seal tracker. He taught me how to "see" without looking.
I carried all of his teachings through 40 years of federal service also.



So interesting to see without looking. One has to drop a lifetime of looking, and bring in something far more subtle.

-Charles






Jun 07, 2023 at 10:17 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Mountain Girl


charley5 wrote:
So interesting to see without looking. One has to drop a lifetime of looking, and bring in something far more subtle.

-Charles



The human senses can become a litany of non primary areas of use.
Thanks Charles!
Dan




Jun 08, 2023 at 09:34 AM
Zeno973
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Mountain Girl


Such an innocent shot.


Jul 04, 2023 at 11:22 AM
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Mountain Girl


Zeno973 wrote:
Such an innocent shot.


Indeed. There is a purity there.

-Charles



Jul 04, 2023 at 11:27 AM
newyork
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Mountain Girl


Phenomenal


Jul 06, 2023 at 05:54 AM
charley5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Mountain Girl


newyork wrote:
Phenomenal


Thanks!



Jul 06, 2023 at 06:50 AM
Jim Dockery
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Mountain Girl


Beautiful, both girl and your photo.


Jul 06, 2023 at 07:57 AM
obudu
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Mountain Girl


Very beautiful smile. So innocent!


Jul 06, 2023 at 06:47 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.