New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · Transferring a catalog with Develop history - LR Classic

vkalia_II

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Transferring a catalog with Develop history - LR Classic

Folks, need your help with a Lightroom Classic Catalog issue.

Due to a bunch of reasons (mostly, user error on my part), I have ended up with the bulk of my images and my Lightroom catalog on my new device but about 1000 RAW images from one photo shoot (a trip to Uzbekistan) are on a different device, along with all the edits and post-proc I have done on them.

If I simply move the files over, along with the sidecar XMP files, I get the images in their most current developed state but I am missing out the edit history. Is there a way to import the Uzbekistan photos to the new catalog in a way that also carries over this edit history?

The LR catalog on my old device solely consists of the Uzbek images, as of right now (I have removed all other photos), if that helps. So simply merging that old catalog with my current one will do the trick.

TIA!

Jun 01, 2023 at 12:38 AM
vkalia_II

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Transferring a catalog with Develop history - LR Classic

NVM - i figured out the issue. For some reason, the catalog hadnít been exported properly the first time around. Did it a second time and imported from that into my new catalog, and everything is there.

(And apologies for posting here - it was meant to be in the darkroom sub-forum, I think i must have clicked on the wrong sub-forum)

Jun 02, 2023 at 07:04 AM
story_teller
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Transferring a catalog with Develop history - LR Classic

Happy you got it figured out.

Jun 03, 2023 at 08:23 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.