Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

I was only 16 when JFK was assassinated. I had no politics then, no forethought as to what the path to 2023 would be... a college junior, drafted, enlisted, war,........but the President said 1 thing that has NEVER left my memory.."Ask not what Your Country can Do For You!...But ask what YOU can do for Your Country!"...I did and slowly still do.!

Edited on Apr 23, 2023 at 02:24 PM · View previous versions

Apr 22, 2023 at 01:00 PM
PatrickDixon10
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

Fantastic! B&W..the colored flame and of course, your elogy in the subject title...
!!
Partick

Apr 22, 2023 at 01:18 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

PatrickDixon10 wrote:
Fantastic! B&W..the colored flame and of course, your elogy in the subject title...
!!
Partick

Thank you Patrick!

Apr 23, 2023 at 10:34 AM
mpw1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

Well said! We all loved JFK. It was shocking when he was assassinated. School was let out when we were told what happened. All us students left the school in shock. I have seen enteral flame myself and one can still feel the impact of JFK. We all watched the funeral on B&W TV mourning and crying at the same time. It was so terrible and tragic.

Apr 23, 2023 at 08:54 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

mpw1 wrote:
Well said! We all loved JFK. It was shocking when he was assassinated. School was let out when we were told what happened. All us students left the school in shock. I have seen enteral flame myself and one can still feel the impact of JFK. We all watched the funeral on B&W TV mourning and crying at the same time. It was so terrible and tragic.

Appreciate the sentiment!
Dan

Apr 24, 2023 at 11:50 AM
bnfotografie
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

Nice work here, Dan, and a great person to be inspired by. Like many people, I can recall exactly where I was the moment I heard he'd been shot. His assassination changed the course of history.

Apr 24, 2023 at 05:28 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

bnfotografie wrote:
Nice work here, Dan, and a great person to be inspired by. Like many people, I can recall exactly where I was the moment I heard he'd been shot. His assassination changed the course of history.

I remember that also and I still have a saved copy of the headlines in the newspaper from way back then Brent.
His words, I am afraid, haven fallen on many deaf ears.
Thanks!
Dan

Apr 25, 2023 at 09:50 AM
macentropist
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

Dan,

I too was awestuck at the nation in mourning over the event that sad day in Dallas, coming home at lunch and seeing the family all teared up, a very sad day indeed. Nice choice Dan…

Regards,

Brian

Apr 27, 2023 at 02:00 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

macentropist wrote:
Dan,

I too was awestuck at the nation in mourning over the event that sad day in Dallas, coming home at lunch and seeing the family all teared up, a very sad day indeed. Nice choice Dan…

Regards,

Brian

Thanks Brian!
I still have a copy of the Washington Post or Evening Star for that date. But gosh knows where I put it!
It was my 1st real taste of how violent people can get outside of a war! It has only gotten worse 1000 fold!

I had to read "The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire when in college and I found this quote to be very 2023:
The principles of a free constitution are irrecoverably lost, when the legislative power is nominated by the executive.”
Thanks!
Dan

Apr 29, 2023 at 12:17 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

Good choice, Dan.

As a sailor, I resonated with JFK's Navy service, this quote (and some others). I was but a wee lad when he was assassinated ... (1year, 1 day) ... so, the date is easily remembered for me.

May 01, 2023 at 06:40 AM
bnfotografie
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #1072 President John Fitzgerald Kennedy and the Eternal Flame

Congrats, Dan. You set the bar too high for us on this one.
Cheers,
Brent

May 02, 2023 at 12:23 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.