Deadline: September 1st noon UTC/GMT

MA Rules · Current entries

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2023 · #226 Spouting Horn Sunset, Kauai

J. Pow
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #226 Spouting Horn Sunset, Kauai

My wife and I recently took a trip to Kauai. When I got there I realized I didnt pack my camera bag with any of the stuff I wanted to take other than my camera and 70-200. I was missing my filters, cards, readers and landscape lens. With the limited camera resources on the island I managed to get a few things and was able to take a few photos. This one in particular I was able to manipulate settings enough to get a semi long exposure. Full Rez photo can be seen here https://www.joeltpowell.com/Landscapes/i-zGnr9cR/A

Thanks for looking, Joel

Canon EOS R3    RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM lens    182mm    f/32.0    1/2s    100 ISO    +3.0 EV  

Feb 17, 2023 at 09:24 AM
js47
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #226 Spouting Horn Sunset, Kauai

You really have to click through to the full res to appreciate it but I think you nailed the shutter speed on this one — the texture in the water is great. Nice shot.

Mar 06, 2023 at 05:00 AM
J. Pow
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #226 Spouting Horn Sunset, Kauai

js47 wrote:
You really have to click through to the full res to appreciate it but I think you nailed the shutter speed on this one — the texture in the water is great. Nice shot.

Thank you, I originally wanted to use my 16-35 and a filter to slow down the shutter speed but I had to improvise and use my 70-200 and lay the camera on the rocks with a towel on the beach. Really had to manipulate the settings to get it. Wasn't sure what I had till I got home. Thanks again for the kind comments!

Joel

Mar 06, 2023 at 11:11 AM

FM Forums | Monthly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.