New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · A couple from Christmas day

Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A couple from Christmas day

Congratulations to Peter Figen for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 6 votes - View Previous Winners

Another little holiday hike in the Santa Monica Mountains where you could see from the Santa Monica Mountains clear to Mt. San Jacinto or thereabouts. Just a remarkable but breezy day and only about 82 F out. The tree is with the GF45-100, a lens that I've just barely used since I got it and the snaps of Gee are with the Canon 200mm 2.8.

GFX100S    Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM lens    200mm    f/4.0    1/800s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

GFX100S    Fujifilm Fujinon GF45-100mm F4 R LM OIS WR lens    100mm    f/11.0    1/60s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

GFX100S    Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM lens    200mm    f/2.8    1/320s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 28, 2022 at 08:36 PM
Dave_E
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A couple from Christmas day

Very nice Peter, The first is a stunner.

Dave

Dec 28, 2022 at 09:47 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A couple from Christmas day

Dave_E wrote:
Very nice Peter, The first is a stunner.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I think I've been into trying to find things like a passing nuance or gesture with her, and at this point, we know each other pretty well and trusts me to never make her look bad.

Dec 28, 2022 at 11:26 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A couple from Christmas day

Peter, love the way you bring all the details and BW tones are awesome. Great work as usual and Happy New Year hitting the vote button 👍🏻

Edited on Dec 31, 2022 at 11:52 AM · View previous versions

Dec 29, 2022 at 03:07 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A couple from Christmas day

keepclicking wrote:
Peter, love the way you bring all the details and BW tones are awesome. Great work as usual and Happy New Year

Thanks Parul. We're having fun taking snapshots. Plus the Sony sensor in this camera is pretty amazing.

Dec 29, 2022 at 03:37 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A couple from Christmas day

Great shots Peter,

I see that you use Canon and Sigma lenses on the GFX, I am assuming the focus is manual ?

Marcelo

Dec 29, 2022 at 10:55 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A couple from Christmas day

Lightsearcher wrote:
Great shots Peter,

I see that you use Canon and Sigma lenses on the GFX, I am assuming the focus is manual ?

Marcelo

Marcelo - Thank you. You're paying attention. I'm using several Fuji lenses, several Canon and a couple of Sigmas and a few other oddballs like the Rodenstock macro and I've tested my old Schneider 150mm APO for 4x5 and it's really quite good. And I've got three Contax 645 lenses as well.

The Sigma 135 1.8 and the Canon 200 2.8 both autofocus quite well with the Fringer adapter, so these two images of Gee were both autofocus, and it's damned accurate too.

Dec 30, 2022 at 12:38 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A couple from Christmas day

Peter, really like these, and the ef 200 was one of my favorite theater lenses. Does it cover the full sensor, or is there some vignetting?
Jim

Dec 30, 2022 at 10:43 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A couple from Christmas day

James Markus wrote:
Peter, really like these, and the ef 200 was one of my favorite theater lenses. Does it cover the full sensor, or is there some vignetting?
Jim

James - Yeah, that 200mm 2.8 is an unsung hero. So small and light but sharp even wide open. Very similar in size and look to the 135mm f/2 just a bit bigger. I have the 1.8 as well, but it's just so big and heavy. This lens has a very slight amount of soft vignette on the GFX that sometimes shows up and other times not, depending on the background. These two images were at 2.8 and f/4 but that vignette is almost gone by f/8. And weirdly, every lens is different among the ones that show some vignetting. Some get better as you stop down and others get worse. I don't think it's worth popping out the rear baffle on this to see if it makes a difference they way it does on the 300mm f/4 Non IS or the 100-400 II, where removing that rear plastic baffle makes a huge difference.

Dec 30, 2022 at 11:41 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A couple from Christmas day

Love#2 but all very sharp!

Dan

Dec 31, 2022 at 11:34 AM
bnfotografie
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A couple from Christmas day

Excellent work, Peter. It looks like you had some fairly harsh light but you made it work very nicely. Of course, it always helps to have a lovely young woman as your subject, so you kind of had an advantage from the get go.
Cheers,
Brent

Dec 31, 2022 at 12:18 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A couple from Christmas day

bnfotografie wrote:
Excellent work, Peter. It looks like you had some fairly harsh light but you made it work very nicely. Of course, it always helps to have a lovely young woman as your subject, so you kind of had an advantage from the get go.
Cheers,
Brent

Thanks Brent. Direct sun is always a challenge but it's easier later in the day and also in the middle of winter when the sun is lower naturally. But it's really just paying attention to the light and directing her until she's where I think she should be. She would love your reference to "young".

Dec 31, 2022 at 04:15 PM
bnfotografie
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A couple from Christmas day

Peter Figen wrote:
Thanks Brent. She would love your reference to "young".

Compared to me, everybody is young. 🥴
Cheers,
Brent y

Jan 01, 2023 at 08:51 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.