New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Congratulations to Rajan Parrikar for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 4 votes - View Previous Winners

Celebrations of the Hindu festival last month in Goa. All the images were taken with the iPhone 14 Pro and its performance in this low light setting was outstanding. Details and more images in my blog post.

Tulsi wedding celebrations - 1

iPhone 14 Pro    iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 9mm f/2.8 lens    9mm    f/2.8    1/40s    1000 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Tulsi wedding celebrations - 2

iPhone 14 Pro    iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78 lens    7mm    f/1.8    1/30s    800 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Tulsi wedding celebrations - 3

iPhone 14 Pro    iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78 lens    7mm    f/1.8    1/40s    640 ISO    -0.7 EV  

Tulsi wedding celebrations - 4

iPhone 14 Pro    iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 2.22mm f/2.2 lens    2mm    f/2.2    1/50s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Tulsi wedding celebrations - 5

iPhone 14 Pro    iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78 lens    7mm    f/1.8    1/25s    1000 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Tulsi wedding celebrations - 6

iPhone 14 Pro    iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78 lens    7mm    f/1.8    1/35s    320 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Nov 30, 2022 at 11:25 AM
Dave_E
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

These are beautiful shots. I just got my I-phone Pro 14 I think I need to try some shots with it.

Dave

Nov 30, 2022 at 03:13 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Dave_E wrote:
These are beautiful shots. I just got my I-phone Pro 14 I think I need to try some shots with it.

Dave

Thank you, Dave. The iPhone 14 Pro camera system is yet another advance. At this rate it is going to be tough for the ILC bodies in a few years.

Dec 01, 2022 at 09:59 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Great captures Rajan! Yeah these new iphone cameras are becoming the rage back here on the East Coast of the US.
Dan

Dec 01, 2022 at 10:09 AM
keepclicking
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Rajan, those are beautiful photos. 👍🏻

Dec 01, 2022 at 10:34 AM
gordec
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Get out of here. I know you took it with a Leica M10R with 35 Lux FLE and went in and edited the metadata to show Iphone.

Dec 01, 2022 at 11:33 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

The iPhone records what it is pointed at. The photographer is the one that decides what to point at. Rajan, your images really immerses the viewer into the image providing a peek into this celebration. Well captured and presented.

Dec 01, 2022 at 12:46 PM
chad hites
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Amazing photos! I agree with Chez that is it is the photographer that makes the image but the newer phone sensors are pretty amazing too! I would say the photographer and camera did a nice job with these.

Chad

Dec 01, 2022 at 05:20 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

If you hadn't disclosed the camera used I would have said that you did a wonderful job with color balance, highlights and shadow detail in these images. I continue to be impressed with the OOC images from my 13 Pro. I often wonder why Apple doesn't yet have a dedicated camera.
But I think Chez said it best Rajan, you did a great job and the iPhone kept up with your requests. These are really immersing and beautiful images with this lighting, excellent and accurately colorful

Karl

Dec 01, 2022 at 07:21 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Danpbphoto wrote:
Great captures Rajan! Yeah these new iphone cameras are becoming the rage back here on the East Coast of the US.
Dan

---------------------------------------------

keepclicking wrote:
Rajan, those are beautiful photos. 👍🏻

gordec wrote:
Get out of here. I know you took it with a Leica M10R with 35 Lux FLE and went in and edited the metadata to show Iphone.

chez wrote:
The iPhone records what it is pointed at. The photographer is the one that decides what to point at. Rajan, your images really immerses the viewer into the image providing a peek into this celebration. Well captured and presented.

chad hites wrote:
Amazing photos! I agree with Chez that is it is the photographer that makes the image but the newer phone sensors are pretty amazing too! I would say the photographer and camera did a nice job with these.

Chad

Karl Witt wrote:
If you hadn't disclosed the camera used I would have said that you did a wonderful job with color balance, highlights and shadow detail in these images. I continue to be impressed with the OOC images from my 13 Pro. I often wonder why Apple doesn't yet have a dedicated camera.
But I think Chez said it best Rajan, you did a great job and the iPhone kept up with your requests. These are really immersing and beautiful images with this lighting, excellent and accurately colorful

Karl

Thank you, all, for the thoughtful remarks.

Harry - you are right, of course. One thing I found is, the iPhone (or any other smartphone) helps get really close to the 'action' without being obtrusive.

Dec 02, 2022 at 05:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gordec
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Rajan,

Did you have to do any editing afterward? I'm surprised how these pictures have very little "digital glare". Most night shots are heavily processed from smart phones and look very inorganic.

Dec 02, 2022 at 10:31 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

gordec wrote:
Rajan,

Did you have to do any editing afterward? I'm surprised how these pictures have very little "digital glare". Most night shots are heavily processed from smart phones and look very inorganic.

Sean,

The photos were shot in AppleRAW. The dng file was exported into Photoshop where it opens in the Adobe RAW window. Basic adjustments were made there and the file then placed into Photoshop. Then the Topaz Photo AI plugin was called where I accepted the auto-corrections it made (mostly noise mitigation).

This is a definite advance in imaging technology and with further developments in the next couple of years I expect the image quality gap between ILC bodies and smartphones to narrow to a point where even the pixel-peeper will be challenged. Right now I wouldn't hesitate to carry just the iPhone for street work and for work around people in situations like the above.

Dec 02, 2022 at 10:45 AM
dblsplayer

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

A beautiful series of photos intimately captured. To me, a prefect example of great photography with any of today’s cameras, regardless of sensor size.

Dec 13, 2022 at 10:21 AM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

dblsplayer wrote:
A beautiful series of photos intimately captured. To me, a prefect example of great photography with any of today’s cameras, regardless of sensor size.

Thanks much, Dan.

Dec 13, 2022 at 02:36 PM
JodyCornel

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

I love those pics. Even if you are a college student, you need documentation. I know you'd want to compose your paper. Use this https://writinguniverse.com/essay-guide/ link where you can hire someone to write your paper. If you require a service that might help with certain duties, get in touch with them and let the support staff aid you in selecting your best writer.

Edited on Dec 23, 2022 at 05:39 AM · View previous versions

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:48 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Fantastic shots Rajan,

Amazing what phones are able to do now.

Marcelo

Dec 18, 2022 at 03:19 PM
CYT111

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Thanks for sharing these photos. You gave us viewers a glimpse of these intimate moments and rituals. Lovely job with your iPhone.

Jan 08, 2023 at 12:57 PM
enjoiyourlife

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

Wow! Were there shot in RAW? Looks phenomenal.

Jan 08, 2023 at 02:09 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Tulsi's Wedding 2022

JodyCornel wrote:
I love those pics. Even if you are a college student, you need documentation. I know you'd want to compose your paper. Use this https://writinguniverse.com/essay-guide/ link where you can hire someone to write your paper. If you require a service that might help with certain duties, get in touch with them and let the support staff aid you in selecting your best writer.

Lightsearcher wrote:
Fantastic shots Rajan,

Amazing what phones are able to do now.

Marcelo

CYT111 wrote:
Thanks for sharing these photos. You gave us viewers a glimpse of these intimate moments and rituals. Lovely job with your iPhone.

enjoiyourlife wrote:
Wow! Were there shot in RAW? Looks phenomenal.

Thank you, Jody, Marcelo, CYT111 and Charlie.

Yes, they were taken in RAW.

Jan 09, 2023 at 02:58 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password