New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Sadhus Part 2

charley5
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sadhus Part 2

Here are more images of Sadhus in Northern India. Some of them have not cut their hair for years, even decades, and they obliged me by letting their hair go loose so I could take a picture. They were very patient with my picture-taking. I meditated with a couple of them. Great space!

Nov 19, 2022 at 09:39 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sadhus Part 2

Love these personal images that tell a story of parts of the World many never see nor even read about! Interaction between the photographer and the subject.
Well done!

I might have suggested a toning adjustment to add some separation between subject and the clothing. Even some selective coloring if the face painting was very colored. But just me. I understand where you are coming from.
Dan

PS... I had to look up this religious sect to get a sense of their "being". The dreadlocks intrigued me in that I think of them as a Caribbean style only..They have such discipline!!

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:47 AM
charley5
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sadhus Part 2

Danpbphoto wrote:
Love these personal images that tell a story of parts of the World many never see nor even read about! Interaction between the photographer and the subject.
Well done!

I might have suggested a toning adjustment to add some separation between subject and the clothing. Even some selective coloring if the face painting was very colored. But just me. I understand where you are coming from.
Dan

PS... I had to look up this religious sect to get a sense of their "being". The dreadlocks intrigued me in that I think of them as a Caribbean style only..They have such discipline!!

Thanks, Dan. Yes, they are a very intriguing sect. I actually think there are many different types of groups of sadhus, some very hard-core ascetics, and others not more than beggars. Some walk around naked, and others are much more plush looking.

Thank you for the stylistic comments. I was trying to avoid heavy contrast, although it would have added more drama to the images. I think I see what you mean by distinguishing more between their complexion and their clothes. I will have other opportunities to photograph sadhus, so will experiment further.

-Charles

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:30 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sadhus Part 2

charley5 wrote:
Thanks, Dan. Yes, they are a very intriguing sect. I actually think there are many different types of groups of sadhus, some very hard-core ascetics, and others not more than beggars. Some walk around naked, and others are much more plush looking.

Thank you for the stylistic comments. I was trying to avoid heavy contrast, although it would have added more drama to the images. I think I see what you mean by distinguishing more between their complexion and their clothes. I will have other opportunities to photograph sadhus, so will experiment further.

-Charles

Thanks Charles.
My comments only represent my interpretation of your fine images. I understand completely about avoiding heavy contrasts.
Being able to view people of the World makes me realize what everyone can miss...unless viewing here on FM!
Happy Thanksgiving to India!
Dan

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

keepclicking
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sadhus Part 2

Charles, great set and love the variety of sadhu’s you have presented. Good work 👍🏻

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:05 PM
charley5
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sadhus Part 2

keepclicking wrote:
Charles, great set and love the variety of sadhu’s you have presented. Good work 👍🏻

Thanks very much!

Nov 24, 2022 at 07:54 AM
dbasr

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sadhus Part 2

Great subjects. Was it all natural light?

Nov 24, 2022 at 08:01 PM
macentropist
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sadhus Part 2

Charles,

Very nice set, you have a great eye! I do think contrast and some additional sharpening would benefit these great images… a minor opinion. I would have loved to see one or two in color.

Well done and voted!

Regards

Brian

Nov 25, 2022 at 02:16 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password