New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Marah in B&W

Dneufarth
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Marah in B&W

C&C always greatly appreciated. Derek

ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF lens    40mm    f/7.1    1/250s    5000 ISO    -1.7 EV  

ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF lens    40mm    f/7.1    1/250s    5000 ISO    -2.0 EV  

Nov 01, 2022 at 05:06 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Marah in B&W

Derek, the first shot is my preference here. Everything about her attitude, and I'm including her posing as part of that, is firing on all cylinders for you. Simply a marvelous image. And don't let anyone ride you for cutting off her left boot. All that matters is the right one is there. Congratulations.

Nov 01, 2022 at 05:47 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Marah in B&W

I agree with Peter, the first shot is fantastic.

Marcelo

Nov 01, 2022 at 07:21 PM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Marah in B&W

Great work Derek. For my own taste I might remove the trash around her though. It's just not connecting to her attitude or look to me, so I personally can't see a reason for the garbage to be in the shot. I also wish there was some separation between her hair and the background as well. Perhaps having set up a reflector behind her out of frame to camera right would have remedied this, or some adjustments to the editing might remedy it as well. As it is, her hair bleeds into the background and loses it's shape just a bit too much for my liking.

Nov 01, 2022 at 08:09 PM
charley5
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Marah in B&W

Dneufarth wrote:
C&C always greatly appreciated. Derek

Really like the ambiance you created here. Did you use any specialized software to get that tone?

-Charles

Nov 02, 2022 at 02:23 AM
bnfotografie
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Marah in B&W

Excellent work, Derek. I also really like the first one. The second is also very good, but the first one is a total winner for me.
Cheers,
Brent

Nov 04, 2022 at 12:33 PM
Dave_E
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Marah in B&W

I agree with the others #1is really nice. You sure nailed the exposure. The models look and body language is really nice. Not her first time in front of a camera.

Dave

Nov 04, 2022 at 03:18 PM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Marah in B&W

Peter Figen wrote:
Derek, the first shot is my preference here. Everything about her attitude, and I'm including her posing as part of that, is firing on all cylinders for you. Simply a marvelous image. And don't let anyone ride you for cutting off her left boot. All that matters is the right one is there. Congratulations.

Thank you Peter, much appreciated.

Nov 04, 2022 at 06:18 PM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Marah in B&W

Lightsearcher wrote:
I agree with Peter, the first shot is fantastic.

Marcelo

Thank you very much Marcelo

Nov 04, 2022 at 06:19 PM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Marah in B&W

DanielScott wrote:
Great work Derek. For my own taste I might remove the trash around her though. It's just not connecting to her attitude or look to me, so I personally can't see a reason for the garbage to be in the shot. I also wish there was some separation between her hair and the background as well. Perhaps having set up a reflector behind her out of frame to camera right would have remedied this, or some adjustments to the editing might remedy it as well. As it is, her hair bleeds into the background and loses it's shape just a
...Show more

Daniel, thank you much for your insight. Before printing the first image (the only one I’ll print) I will certainly remove the trash, and will try adding some separation between background and hair.

Nov 04, 2022 at 06:22 PM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Marah in B&W

charley5 wrote:
Really like the ambiance you created here. Did you use any specialized software to get that tone?

-Charles

Actually no Charles. When I finish with an image In Lightroom that is to be posted on the interwebs, I add some warmth in the Apple Photos app. Thanks for the kind words.

Nov 04, 2022 at 06:25 PM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Marah in B&W

bnfotografie wrote:
Excellent work, Derek. I also really like the first one. The second is also very good, but the first one is a total winner for me.
Cheers,
Brent

Thank you very much Brent. I agree wholeheartedly.

Nov 04, 2022 at 06:26 PM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Marah in B&W

Dave_E wrote:
I agree with the others #1is really nice. You sure nailed the exposure. The models look and body language is really nice. Not her first time in front of a camera.

Dave

Thank you Dave for the kind words. Marah always brings a lot to our shoots together.

Nov 04, 2022 at 06:29 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.