New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Xenia

DanielScott
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Xenia

I photographed Xenia back in June during a road trip to the Oregon Coast, but haven't had a chance to even sort through her photos until now. I'm glad I finally got some of her photos finished because this was one of my favorite collaborations from this last Summer.

Photographed in natural light with a reflector, using a Canon 5D MKIII with a Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 Softfocus lens (softfocus disabled). I just barely missed focus on my favorite photo from the set (the first one) but I still really love that shot so I kept and edited it anyways.

Edited on Sep 26, 2022 at 08:52 AM · View previous versions

Sep 25, 2022 at 02:31 AM
Dneufarth
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Xenia

Daniel, the first image is my favorite as well, in fact, it is one of my favorites from all of your work. I hope that nobody misses the sublime beauty of this portrait because of getting hung up on focus—too many photographers are too focused on focus, which is far less important than the half dozen other attributes that make this image supremely beautiful. Derek

Sep 25, 2022 at 08:49 AM
J. Pow
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Xenia

These are all fantastic! I have always loved your color tones on your colored version of your portraits. 4th is my favorite pose but 3rd is my favorite!

Joel

Sep 25, 2022 at 09:43 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Xenia

I am not a portrait photographer so I interpret the image perhaps differently which as we know we all see it 'our way'. I like the first image too, it has a certain soft glow with soft highlights in the eyes, all well balanced and her overall look and personality speaks out, nothing forced nothing over processed Seeing your work would make me believe this look was intentional and not accidental.

#3 has just a rush of beautiful warmth Daniel and a captivating look in her eyes so very attractive image.

Now there is something about the last one that I really like, may be the sidelight glow/sheen, may be the side look over her shoulder, may be how her hair on the left shows lovely form to that side of her face, may be the nearest eye being sharper and grabbing my attention a bit more or her the combination of her freckles contrasting and complimenting the overall image both.

I will say that your images are easy to appreciate, they are not forced, they are natural and easy on the eyes, very well done sir on the set
Karl

Sep 25, 2022 at 09:49 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Xenia

All are superbly composed and executed Daniel! The "soft focus" is very sublime to me and only enhances her beauty more.
Now I am really loving her in color! Such warmth and natural beauty!

Dan

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:18 AM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Xenia

Dneufarth wrote:
Daniel, the first image is my favorite as well, in fact, it is one of my favorites from all of your work. I hope that nobody misses the sublime beauty of this portrait because of getting hung up on focus—too many photographers are too focused on focus, which is far less important than the half dozen other attributes that make this image supremely beautiful. Derek

Thank you so much Derek.

Sep 26, 2022 at 07:37 AM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Xenia

J. Pow wrote:
These are all fantastic! I have always loved your color tones on your colored version of your portraits. 4th is my favorite pose but 3rd is my favorite!

Joel

Thank you Joel!

Sep 26, 2022 at 07:37 AM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Xenia

Karl Witt wrote:
I am not a portrait photographer so I interpret the image perhaps differently which as we know we all see it 'our way'. I like the first image too, it has a certain soft glow with soft highlights in the eyes, all well balanced and her overall look and personality speaks out, nothing forced nothing over processed Seeing your work would make me believe this look was intentional and not accidental.

#3 has just a rush of beautiful warmth Daniel and a captivating look in her eyes so very attractive image.

Now there is something about the last one that I
...Show more

Thank you Karl. Whether you're a portrait photographer or not, I really appreciate your take on my photos.

Sep 26, 2022 at 07:38 AM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Xenia

Danpbphoto wrote:
All are superbly composed and executed Daniel! The "soft focus" is very sublime to me and only enhances her beauty more.
Now I am really loving her in color! Such warmth and natural beauty!

Dan

Thank you Dan. I did not use the soft focus feature for these photos. I have actually yet to use that feature even once since buying this lens.

Sep 26, 2022 at 07:39 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Xenia

DanielScott wrote:
Thank you Dan. I did not use the soft focus feature for these photos. I have actually yet to use that feature even once since buying this lens.

I did not mean to imply that you did use it Daniel. Sorry....The "softness" of the composition was what I was going for!

Dan

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:09 AM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Xenia

Danpbphoto wrote:
I did not mean to imply that you did use it Daniel. Sorry....The "softness" of the composition was what I was going for!

Dan

No worries. People often assume I used the feature even when I specify that I disabled it, so I'm usually quick to point out that I have never used it (yet).

Sep 26, 2022 at 02:15 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Xenia

Good!
I worry that I may "offend" posters by a remark that was not seemingly what it meant!
That is NEVER my intention Daniel.
Again very well done!
Dan

Sep 26, 2022 at 02:25 PM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Xenia

Danpbphoto wrote:
Good!
I worry that I may "offend" posters by a remark that was not seemingly what it meant!
That is NEVER my intention Daniel.
Again very well done!
Dan

Definitely no offense taken.

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:17 PM
Dave_E
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Xenia

These are really nice Daniel . I like them all but #3 is special.

Dave

Sep 27, 2022 at 02:56 PM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Xenia

Dave_E wrote:
These are really nice Daniel . I like them all but #3 is special.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:20 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.