Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · Withdrawn: Leica M6 (Classic) MP finder, very late production (1998)

jbaty

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: Leica M6 (Classic) MP finder, very late production (1998)

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Leica M6 (Classic) with MP finder upgrade and masked framelines

Withdrawn

Price: $2,500.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: UPS insured (CONUS)

For sale is my Leica M6 "Classic" in black chrome. According to the serial number (2470293) it is one of the last 10 classic M6 bodies made, manufactured in 1998. (See https://cameraquest.com/leicanum.htm). It's close to the newest original M6 Classic you can buy.

The viewfinder (.72) has been upgraded to the flare-free MP version. In addition, only the 28, 35, and 50mm frame lines are visible. The others have been masked out. It's such a clean view!

There are no significant marks or issues with the body at all beyond minor rub marks near strap lugs and a few scuffs on the plastic covering on the bottom plate. There is zero zinc "bubbling" on the top plate. I'm rating it at 9.

DAG did a high-speed shutter adjustment in 2015 (I purchased the camera in 2017). When asked said the camera was in "great condition" and did not need a full CLA.

Everything functions great. Meter, shutter, transport, all very smooth. It's a great camera. I'm selling it to fund an M10-R and since I recently bought a new MP this one needs to go.

Sale includes the camera body only. I'm afraid I do not have the original cap, box, or strap). I will include several rolls of film, though. Color or B&W, your choice.

Price is firm at $2,500 NET (I will pay for insured shipping). CONUS only, please.

UPDATE: Buyer changed his mind so the camera is once again for sale. There was some question about whether the finder was actually upgraded so I wrote DAG and here's what he said:

> "Yes, in 2015 I installed the flare-free optics in this camera (M6 #2470293) I also masked off the 75, 90 & 135mm frame-lines"

Edited on Nov 29, 2022 at 12:54 PM · View previous versions

Sep 16, 2022 at 10:58 AM
vote4anh

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: Leica M6 (Classic) MP finder, very late production (1998)

Just beautiful!

Sep 16, 2022 at 11:51 AM
infidelity
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: Leica M6 (Classic) MP finder, very late production (1998)

PM

Sep 17, 2022 at 02:40 AM
jbaty

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Withdrawn: Leica M6 (Classic) MP finder, very late production (1998)

The camera is still available and price has been reduced for a (hopefully) quick sale.

Nov 29, 2022 at 12:55 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.