Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Marah in B&W

  
 
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Marah in B&W


C&C always greatly appreciated. Derek




  ILCE-1    45mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary 019 lens    45mm    f/3.5    1/250s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  






  ILCE-1    45mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary 019 lens    45mm    f/3.5    1/250s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  



Edited on Sep 12, 2022 at 07:19 PM · View previous versions



Sep 12, 2022 at 09:10 AM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Marah in B&W


I love her expressiveness, and the shoulder-forward is one of my very favorite portrait poses, but a big detail that is really nagging at me is that there is no discernible light in her eye. This is a big thing for me, otherwise without the light in the eyes I tend to find them to be lifeless.


Sep 12, 2022 at 02:19 PM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Marah in B&W


DanielScott wrote:
I love her expressiveness, and the shoulder-forward is one of my very favorite portrait poses, but a big detail that is really nagging at me is that there is no discernible light in her eye. This is a big thing for me, otherwise without the light in the eyes I tend to find them to be lifeless.


Daniel, thank you for the feedback, I added a second version above to address the issue. It might help, but I am sure it isnít ideal. Please let me know what you think.



Sep 12, 2022 at 07:22 PM
DanielScott
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Marah in B&W


Dneufarth wrote:
Daniel, thank you for the feedback, I added a second version above to address the issue. It might help, but I am sure it isnít ideal. Please let me know what you think.


I think the new edit definitely improves the shot.

I hope it doesn't come across as if I'm saying it's a bad shot, because it's definitely really good. Sometimes I have the same problem on some of my favorite shots, but this is only one detail regarding a portrait that has so many other great qualities as well already.



Sep 13, 2022 at 04:29 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Marah in B&W


DanielScott wrote:
I think the new edit definitely improves the shot.

I hope it doesn't come across as if I'm saying it's a bad shot, because it's definitely really good. Sometimes I have the same problem on some of my favorite shots, but this is only one detail regarding a portrait that has so many other great qualities as well already.


Thank you Daniel, I think it is an improvement also, and next time I shoot on such an overcast day I will certainly use some means to create better catchlights. I always respect and appreciate your feedback. There are a few other images from this set that I would like to post here, but I canít figure out the modesty rules for the forum.



Sep 13, 2022 at 05:11 AM
story_teller
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Marah in B&W


It's a striking photo for sure and I agree about a catchlight. To me, the image has a lot of tension. My eyes keep going back and forth between the face and tattoo. Maybe that's your intension, but I see two subjects competing for attention. The foreshortening of the shoulder makes it almost as big as the face and the tattoo can't be ignored. I've got 3 eyes staring at me! (lol) Keep in mind this is all personal opinion and preferences.

If the main subject is the face, maybe find a way to downplay the tattoo a bit.



Sep 13, 2022 at 08:39 AM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Marah in B&W


story_teller wrote:
It's a striking photo for sure and I agree about a catchlight. To me, the image has a lot of tension. My eyes keep going back and forth between the face and tattoo. Maybe that's your intension, but I see two subjects competing for attention. The foreshortening of the shoulder makes it almost as big as the face and the tattoo can't be ignored. I've got 3 eyes staring at me! (lol) Keep in mind this is all personal opinion and preferences.

If the main subject is the face, maybe find a way to downplay the tattoo a bit.


Thank you very much for commenting. There is actually even a third face just below the bottom face in the image.




  ILCE-1    45mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary 019 lens    45mm    f/3.5    1/250s    200 ISO    +0.7 EV  




Sep 15, 2022 at 10:27 AM
srirachapapi
Offline

[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Marah in B&W


Brilliant work!


Sep 28, 2022 at 11:54 PM







FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.