New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

One of the reasons I decided upgrading to the new M11 is that I will be using it as my dedicated landscape camera now.
So, getting a robust and well designed L-bracket was a must for me. I'm not affiliated in any way with really right stuff and paid full price for this L-bracket.

I'm very happy with it. I thought I would not like the integrated grip support but it's a great fit. (even better than Leica's own handgrip for the M11)

I may actually use this L-bracket when shooting with my heavy lenses just because of the nice grip it provides.

Here are some pictures on the RRS L-bracket for the M11:

Aug 04, 2022 at 03:37 PM
jcagar

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

I am also using the M11 as my primary landscape camera with the additional EVF. Curious as to which lenses you have decided to use for this purpose.

I have also recently received the RRS L-Bracket and agree that it is better than the Leica equivalent with a small weight penalty. The biggest advantage is allowing for vertical compositions which the Leica bracket does not provide.

Aug 04, 2022 at 04:21 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

jcagar wrote:
I am also using the M11 as my primary landscape camera with the additional EVF. Curious as to which lenses you have decided to use for this purpose.

I have also recently received the RRS L-Bracket and agree that it is better than the Leica equivalent with a small weight penalty. The biggest advantage is allowing for vertical compositions which the Leica bracket does not provide.

My lenses are: Voigtlander 15/4.5 III, Leica 21/3.4 SEM, Voigtlander 28/2 II, Leica 50/1.4 Lux and Leica 90/2 APO.
I usually bring my Contax 100-300 adapted to the Leica mount as well.

I'm thinking about replacing the 50/1.4 for the Voigtlander 50/2 APO though.
I have both and I think the Leica handgrip is a better match to the camera aesthetics. It's a great match for the M11 but because of the lack of the vertical plate, it's not ideal for landscapes. Well, I could turn the camera vertically but it's not very sturdy on windy days.

The RRS L-bracket with grip feel very solid, all metal and the grip feels even better imo though.

Aug 04, 2022 at 04:33 PM
jcagar

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

Thanks for the info on your current kit. My is similar with the WATE, 21 SEM, 28 Lux, 50 Leica APO and 90 APO. Easily portable and handles most landscape situations.

Aug 04, 2022 at 05:06 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

What are you doing about filters?

Gordon

Aug 04, 2022 at 06:22 PM
jcagar

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

For me, Kase Magnetic Circular Filters 82 mm Thread; WATE with Leica Adapter and Step Rings for the others. A relatively small package.

Juan

Aug 04, 2022 at 06:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

I still use the LEE Seven5 Proglass IRND filters and polarizer. It works with all my lenses including the CV 15/4.5 III since I removed its built-in hood. I don't see any color shift with these filters including the 10-stop!

Aug 05, 2022 at 12:38 AM
Paul.S

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

Fred, do use a collar with 100-300? and which one if you do.
cheers

Aug 05, 2022 at 04:19 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

Paul.S wrote:
Fred, do use a collar with 100-300? and which one if you do.
cheers

I do not use the collar as I never thought it was needed even with the lens extended.

Aug 05, 2022 at 06:48 PM
Paul.S

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

Cheers Fred

Aug 05, 2022 at 07:33 PM
FoleyAMG
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Leica M11 RRS L-bracket

Fred,

I use the RRS L bracket on my Leica Q2 and Leica Q2M, along with my Fujifilm GFX 100s...

They make fantastic products...

Scott

Aug 07, 2022 at 01:20 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.