Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW

  
 
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


In my opinion, DXO Pure RAW is a game-changer software as it reduces noise before demosaicing hence the name "pure" raw.
I get very natural results without weird artifacts which is common with noise reduction software.

Unfortunately the new Leica M11 is not yet supported and if history is our guide, it could take a long time before it is.

So, knowing the Leica M11 and Sony A7R IV share the same sensor architecture (aside from microlenses array design and filter stack) and therefore the same file size, noise/DR characteristics are pretty much the same, it's possible to make it work as outlined on my previous thread:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1709845

Basically you need an EXIF editing software that allows the "Make" and "Camera Model Name" fields to be changed from Leica Camera AF + Leica M11 to Sony + ILCE-7RM4 . I use the "Exif Editor" app for the Mac but any other Exif editing software should work.

Once the camera name is changed, DXO Pure RAW 2 will work on the file! The conversion is fast is you have a power GPU video card.
As an optional last step, you could run the resulting PR DNGs in "Exif Editor" again and rename Sony back to Leica. I like to do that because it's fast and will give the correct camera name for my files.




Exif Editor: Before name change






Exif Editor: After name change. Now the DNG file will work with DXO Pure RAW 2




Jul 15, 2022 at 11:19 AM
LBJ2
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


For those using DXO PhotoLab 5, the same Exif Edits technique Fred describes above also applies to importing Leica M11 DNG files to PhotoLab 5 for noise processing within the PhotoLab app too.


Jul 15, 2022 at 12:42 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


LBJ2 wrote:
For those using DXO PhotoLab 5, the same Exif Edits technique Fred describes above also applies to importing Leica M11 DNG files to PhotoLab 5 for noise processing within the PhotoLab app too.


I hope it won't take years for DxO to support the M11 natively.



Jul 16, 2022 at 08:43 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


It looks like the Leica M11 is now supported by both PhotoLab and Pure Raw!
This was super fast for DXO.







Jul 27, 2022 at 11:06 AM
LBJ2
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


Fred Miranda wrote:
It looks like the Leica M11 is now supported by both PhotoLab and Pure Raw!
This was super fast for DXO.


What the .... 🤩✅ updating now.

Merci beaucoup DXO !




Jul 27, 2022 at 11:29 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


LBJ2 wrote:
What the .... 🤩✅ updating now.

Merci beaucoup DXO !



It was very unlikely but they came through. My favorite noise reduction software by a mile.



Jul 27, 2022 at 01:01 PM
sjberg444
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


I'm so glad I read this thread because it made me download the trial version and while I thought DeNoise AI was a revelation DXO is just dreamy. Simply using it's auto processing function on a batch of 20 images I shot a couple of mornings ago I'm so impressed with how it reduces noise but still renders the OOF background with the texture of the original instead of splotchily (not sure that's a word) smoothing it all out. There goes $129


Jul 27, 2022 at 08:39 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


sjberg444 wrote:
I'm so glad I read this thread because it made me download the trial version and while I thought DeNoise AI was a revelation DXO is just dreamy. Simply using it's auto processing function on a batch of 20 images I shot a couple of mornings ago I'm so impressed with how it reduces noise but still renders the OOF background with the texture of the original instead of splotchily (not sure that's a word) smoothing it all out. There goes $129


I'm always amazed by the deep prime results. I am no longer avoiding very high ISO settings because of it. I highly recommend it.



Aug 07, 2022 at 08:49 AM
patotts
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


Wow, significant improvements. Another piece of software to add to the workflow...


Aug 08, 2022 at 03:22 PM
mrjoeltan
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Leica M11 with DxO Pure RAW


Related but not at the same time, but how does DxO Pure Raw fit in your work flow?


Aug 23, 2022 at 01:37 PM







FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.