FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              end

Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

LightLensLab

Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

Hi Everyone!

Thank you, Fred, for your invitation!

My name is David, and I am a Light Lens Lab distributor and the author of the official Light Lens Lab English website! I have known this website for a long time (I purchased my M10 from here with my friend via proxy), but this is the first time that I have used this officially. Please bear with me, as I am still familiarizing myself with the controls

Please don't hesitate to dm/contact me on the website if you have any questions!

Feb 04, 2023 at 07:31 PM
LightLensLab

p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

Dan Chang wrote:
No one really know the leaded glass is true or not. Unconfirmed info said Mr. Zhou replaced with regular glass after few batches of original 8 elements lens. So many lenses have been made, the new old stock will be depleted at some point, If LLL claim leaded glass used in the lens, I have no way to conform it.

Hi Dan, to answer your question:

There were plans on making Eight Element 35mm f/2 in normal elements back in 2020. Prototypes were in made in preparation for releasing as a more affordable option to the normal Eight Element (The barrel is also made from aluminum instead of brass). But the project has been cancelled due to severe backlashes from the domestic community.

I can show you some images of the prototype but I am not sure how to share it on the forums... Sorry!

Feb 04, 2023 at 09:27 PM
wjl2124

p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

Love what this company is doing. Really cool to see reproductions of these classic lenses

Feb 11, 2023 at 01:09 AM
LightLensLab

p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

Thank you for your support!

Feb 11, 2023 at 01:46 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

It looks like the LLL 50/1.2 "1966 replica" is in production now:

https://lightlenslab.myshopify.com/blogs/upcoming-project/light-lens-lab-50mm-f-1-2-in-production

Feb 17, 2023 at 03:59 PM
azenis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

I am among one of the pre-orders for the titanium edition.

It should be interesting to test out against Leica's original and re-issue against the LLL replica when I get ahold of it.

Feb 17, 2023 at 08:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

LightLensLab wrote:
I can show you some images of the prototype but I am not sure how to share it on the forums... Sorry!

There are a couple options for posting photos to this forum. 1) link to images hosted on another site, or your own site, such as the LLL shopify site. See the photo below which is linked directly from your site. If you can create a non-public page of photos, you might be able to link those here if it ignores the page's privacy permissions. 2) Use a photo hosting site such as Flickr, Smugmug, etc. I've been using postimage. If you go for the latter, you will want to use the "hotlink for forums" code option to copy/paste here.

Below is a photo from the LLL shopify hosted site. I deleted all the code after .jpg starting with the question mark.

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:26 PM
LightLensLab

p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

rscheffler wrote:
There are a couple options for posting photos to this forum. 1) link to images hosted on another site, or your own site, such as the LLL shopify site. See the photo below which is linked directly from your site. If you can create a non-public page of photos, you might be able to link those here if it ignores the page's privacy permissions. 2) Use a photo hosting site such as Flickr, Smugmug, etc. I've been using postimage. If you go for the latter, you will want to use the "hotlink for forums" code option to copy/paste here.

Below is
...Show more

Got it! Thank you so much! I will be using this method from now on!

Feb 17, 2023 at 10:30 PM
SlowDriver
• • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

Thinking about getting the LLL 35mm f2 eight element.

Any optical or other considerations that would influence the choice between the collapsible and non-collapsible version?

Feb 18, 2023 at 08:20 AM
highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

SlowDriver wrote:
Thinking about getting the LLL 35mm f2 eight element.

Any optical or other considerations that would influence the choice between the collapsible and non-collapsible version?

Optically both versions are the same.
Collapsable has a built-in UV filter and cannot accept screw-in filters. IIRC, they have a hood in development for the collapsable that will require (if you don't want double-filters) using a lens spanner wrench to remove the existing UV, then screwing your filter into the end of the hood.
Collapsable version focuses to 0.5m while the regular to 0.7m.
Collapsable is the only LLL lens I know of with orange markings.
Collapsable has a focusing roller-knob with an infinity lock much like the old Summarons.
Collapsable is fun to use but also a bit fiddly. Having never used a collapsable lens, it was very unclear to me how to lock the lens into the extended position.
Collapsable can be extended and locked into one of two different orientations, one of which shows the orange f-stop numbers, the other shows the white numbers.
Collapsable focusing moves the aperture numbers, so it's best to set the aperture before focusing.
Generally the regular version is much more convenient to use.

General LLL thread is below where all the others are discussed (this thread is 50 1.2 specific):

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1625479

Feb 18, 2023 at 11:24 AM
SlowDriver
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

highdesertmesa wrote:
Optically both versions are the same.
Collapsable has a built-in UV filter and cannot accept screw-in filters. IIRC, they have a hood in development for the collapsable that will require (if you don't want double-filters) using a lens spanner wrench to remove the existing UV, then screwing your filter into the end of the hood.
Collapsable version focuses to 0.5m while the regular to 0.7m.
Collapsable is the only LLL lens I know of with orange markings.
Collapsable has a focusing roller-knob with an infinity lock much like the old Summarons.
Collapsable is fun to use but also a
...Show more

Thanks! And apologies for posting in the wrong thread! I realized that after I did so.

Feb 18, 2023 at 04:38 PM
simonedf
• •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Light Lens Lab: Leica 50mm f/1.2 Noctilux Replica

How does this LLL compare to the Syoptic / Mr Ding release?

Feb 22, 2023 at 03:50 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.