Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

  

Fashion Portraits with Sydney

  
 
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Congratulations to Dneufarth for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 10 votes - View Previous Winners


C&C is always greatly appreciated. Derek





1

  ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 1.8/85 lens    85mm    f/2.8    1/250s    100 ISO    -0.7 EV  







2

  ILCE-1    FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens    50mm    f/2.8    1/250s    125 ISO    0.0 EV  







3

  ILCE-1    FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens    50mm    f/3.2    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  







4

  ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF lens    40mm    f/2.8    1/250s    125 ISO    +0.7 EV  







5

  ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF lens    40mm    f/2.8    1/250s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  







6

  ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF lens    40mm    f/2.8    1/250s    640 ISO    -0.7 EV  







7

  ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF lens    40mm    f/2.8    1/250s    1000 ISO    0.0 EV  







8

  ILCE-1    FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens    50mm    f/2.8    1/250s    400 ISO    -0.3 EV  







9

  ILCE-1    FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens    50mm    f/2.8    1/320s    100 ISO    -1.3 EV  







10

  ILCE-1    ZEISS Batis 1.8/85 lens    85mm    f/2.8    1/250s    125 ISO    -0.7 EV  







11

  LEICA Q2 MONO    SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH. lens    28mm    f/8.0    1/200s    6400 ISO    -0.6 EV  







12

  LEICA Q2 MONO    SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH. lens    28mm    f/5.6    1/250s    6400 ISO    -0.6 EV  




Jun 03, 2022 at 06:08 AM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Well done Derek. Really good variety. #2 is probably my fav. #11 to.

voted.



Jun 03, 2022 at 06:29 AM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


airfrogusmc wrote:
Well done Derek. Really good variety. #2 is probably my fav. #11 to.

voted.


Thank you so very much Allen. #1, #6, #8 and #11 are my favorites.



Jun 03, 2022 at 07:14 AM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


I like 1 a lot to.
Well done!!!!



Jun 03, 2022 at 07:16 AM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


airfrogusmc wrote:
I like 1 a lot to.
Well done!!!!


Thanks again Allen.



Jun 03, 2022 at 08:24 AM
coles2020
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


I like #3. It seems to be the most natural expression and pose.


Jun 03, 2022 at 10:14 AM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


coles2020 wrote:
I like #3. It seems to be the most natural expression and pose.


Thanks very much for commenting.



Jun 03, 2022 at 10:43 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Darn you awoke me out of a trance Derek with this natural beauty! I love women who apply the minimum pg make up to an already lovely face. She has that natural beauty! #1 is stunning!
Well done brother!
Dan



Jun 03, 2022 at 02:04 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Danpbphoto wrote:
Darn you awoke me out of a trance Derek with this natural beauty! I love women who apply the minimum pg make up to an already lovely face. She has that natural beauty! #1 is stunning!
Well done brother!
Dan


Thank you so much Dan. Sydney certainly is a natural beauty.



Jun 03, 2022 at 04:53 PM
JohnSil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Derek, really nice set with great variety. A beautiful model with excellent posing skills and ability to emote. Good lighting and use of BG and placement.
My favs are #1 and #11. 11 has a great distortion that adds to the mood of the image.
BUT I'm gonna mention the elephant in the room. I understand if the model has requested no PP, otherwise on at least a few of the tight face shots I would have removed the mole on her lip. It doesn't really detract from her look but it sets up, at least for me, a huge amount of tension. While I would normally be free to relaxingly move around the image, like a bright spot, I'm constantly drawn to the mole. Maybe it's just me?
It's still a beautiful set! Nice work
John



Jun 04, 2022 at 01:48 AM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


John I have to disagree and I will only mention Cindy Crawfords mole and the gap in Luaren Huttons teeth. And wasn't it Richard Avedon that said the beauty is in the imperfection.


Jun 04, 2022 at 05:38 AM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


JohnSil wrote:
Derek, really nice set with great variety. A beautiful model with excellent posing skills and ability to emote. Good lighting and use of BG and placement.
My favs are #1 and #11. 11 has a great distortion that adds to the mood of the image.
BUT I'm gonna mention the elephant in the room. I understand if the model has requested no PP, otherwise on at least a few of the tight face shots I would have removed the mole on her lip. It doesn't really detract from her look but it sets up, at least for me, a huge amount of
...Show more

John, thank you so much for the feedback. Like Allen, I respectfully disagree, and besides, Sydney would never work with me again if I erased her beautiful beauty mark.



Jun 04, 2022 at 06:33 AM
Dneufarth
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


airfrogusmc wrote:
John I have to disagree and I will only mention Cindy Crawfords mole and the gap in Luaren Huttons teeth. And wasn't it Richard Avedon that said the beauty is in the imperfection.


Allen, It is fitting that you mention these examples. When I asked Sydney about her favorite model, she without hesitation said Cindy Crawford. Which then led to a conversation about Avedon famously telling Crawford that a model should “always have a thought.”



Jun 04, 2022 at 06:36 AM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Yeah I mean I read both Hutton and Crawford were told at one time early in there careers by the so called experts that if they didn't get that stuff fixed they would never make it. ha ha. So much for that. Lucille Ball was told by similar experts she'd never make it in show biz. Again so much for the experts.




Jun 04, 2022 at 07:01 AM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Derek, I like all of them, but except for the first image - the eyes in the other close images are not in focus. Whatever is closest to camera - like the mole, lips, nose, hand, clothing etc - are in focus. Perhaps stopping down one stop would add enough DOF. I have a thing about at least one eye being in focus.
Jim

Dneufarth wrote:
C&C is always greatly appreciated. Derek





Jun 07, 2022 at 11:59 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fashion Portraits with Sydney


Congrats Derek!
She is a beautiful woman! You show that here.
Dan



Jun 11, 2022 at 11:41 AM







FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password