Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Waterfalls Up

  
 
ratherfish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Waterfalls Up


In a 40 knot up-slope wind. First shot for context. Second shot when the wind hit the face of the waterfall.




  ILCE-7RM2    FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens    100mm    f/4.5    1/500s    2000 ISO    0.0 EV  






  ILCE-7RM2    FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens    268mm    f/5.6    1/500s    2500 ISO    0.0 EV  




May 04, 2022 at 05:55 AM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Waterfalls Up


beautiful waterfall image - fantastic color and nice composition
well presented professionally



May 04, 2022 at 08:34 AM
Brad Williams
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Waterfalls Up


Beautiful scene in that first photo. The power of the wind is cool in that second photo, but I prefer the first photo.


May 04, 2022 at 09:10 AM
Starfire8
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Waterfalls Up


A very beautiful mountain scene! Must have been a real treat to see in person! Excellent photography, too!
David



May 04, 2022 at 10:05 AM
WiseTioga
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Waterfalls Up


The first shot for me also. By the way, Where is this?


May 04, 2022 at 11:26 AM
ratherfish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Waterfalls Up


junglialoh wrote:
beautiful waterfall image - fantastic color and nice composition
well presented professionally


---------------------------------------------

Brad Williams wrote:
Beautiful scene in that first photo. The power of the wind is cool in that second photo, but I prefer the first photo.


---------------------------------------------

Starfire8 wrote:
A very beautiful mountain scene! Must have been a real treat to see in person! Excellent photography, too!
David


---------------------------------------------

WiseTioga wrote:
The first shot for me also. By the way, Where is this?


Thank you all for your comments! The shots are from Glacier NP. Interesting phenomenon to see and capture on a trip that provided many interesting opportunities.



May 05, 2022 at 08:07 AM
bonnyrcl
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Waterfalls Up


Just Awesome!

-John



May 05, 2022 at 08:57 AM
mike reid
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Waterfalls Up


Really an amazing view...that wind


May 05, 2022 at 12:19 PM
dakel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Waterfalls Up


Great shots. Really enjoyed viewing them


May 05, 2022 at 12:33 PM
Dan Bell
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Waterfalls Up


Color, especially the hint of red, is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.


May 05, 2022 at 05:19 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

ratherfish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Waterfalls Up


bonnyrcl wrote:
Just Awesome!

-John


---------------------------------------------

mike reid wrote:
Really an amazing view...that wind


---------------------------------------------

dakel wrote:
Great shots. Really enjoyed viewing them


---------------------------------------------

Dan Bell wrote:
Color, especially the hint of red, is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.


Thanks all for the comments! Yes, the wind and its effects were indeed powerful that day. It was difficult hand holding the camera and telephoto lens to capture this scene as I was being buffeted about myself. Even shooting from inside the vehicle was problematic as the vehicle was rocking in that wind. As for the colors, the fall mosaic at Glacier draped over such powerful terrain is really quite something. I hope to return to it again very soon! Thanks again, Steve



May 06, 2022 at 07:13 AM
Jim Dockery
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Waterfalls Up


Beautiful set, the drama of the "Up" shot takes it over the top for me, in fact it elicited a verbal "Cool!" from me when I scrolled down to it. A Timelapse of the transition would have been interesting, but who would have anticipated that?


May 06, 2022 at 07:30 AM
dbehrens
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Waterfalls Up


Jim Dockery wrote:
Beautiful set, the drama of the "Up" shot takes it over the top for me, in fact it elicited a verbal "Cool!" from me when I scrolled down to it. A Timelapse of the transition would have been interesting, but who would have anticipated that?


Exactly the word that came out of my mouth upon seeing this as well - COOL!



May 06, 2022 at 09:31 AM
ratherfish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Waterfalls Up


dbehrens wrote:
Exactly the word that came out of my mouth upon seeing this as well - COOL!


Thanks Jim and Dave! When I looked up and saw that happening, I thought well there's something I've not seen before and it's pretty cool. A time lapse would indeed have been even cooler!



May 06, 2022 at 05:23 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Waterfalls Up


Beautiful waterfall on rugged cliff, and amazing wind conditions you captured in the 2nd image!


May 08, 2022 at 09:56 AM
ratherfish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Waterfalls Up


Ross Martin wrote:
Beautiful waterfall on rugged cliff, and amazing wind conditions you captured in the 2nd image!


Thank you Ross!



May 09, 2022 at 09:07 AM
40Driggs
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Waterfalls Up


The colors turned out great on these!


May 13, 2022 at 12:04 AM
ratherfish
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Waterfalls Up


40Driggs wrote:
The colors turned out great on these!


Thank you!



May 14, 2022 at 06:14 AM
gdanmitchell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Waterfalls Up


Nice shot, and impressive updraft! (If you are open to a bit of C&C, I wonder if you have considered a crop that would leave out a bit of the waterless rocks at the bottom?)

Dan



May 15, 2022 at 09:22 AM
JWRisinger
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Waterfalls Up


For me, the word that came to mind immediately was, "Wow." Something I certainly haven't seen before either. So, there you go: WOW.

Jason



May 16, 2022 at 11:36 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password