Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2022 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

cocodrillo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

Bruce Bennett studios used to make the Netcam ice hockey housing for putting a camera in the hockey net. They don't do this anymore. Anyone have a line on substitutes or have an idea where to find used rigs? Depending on cost I'm tossing around some ideas for next season.

Apr 25, 2022 at 09:39 AM
JRobertson
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

I have a buddy that had one, actually built it himself, but the costs of having it certified were enormous. It had to be for it to be utilized, it was an insurance requirement as well as an association requirement. I asked him it he ever uses it and the summary was no, because if it ever broke he's never be able to afford to make another.

If that helps any. The idea is cool, the liability is nuts.

Apr 25, 2022 at 02:08 PM
PureMichigan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

I think I may have one -- haven't used it in years and don't do much hockey anymore. I'll see if I have it. If so I'll post here and make you a super deal. Make sure the refs/league is cool with the idea before you get one.Many are conservative when it comes to putting any objects in the net.

Apr 25, 2022 at 03:39 PM
FoleyAMG
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

Check out Hockeynetcam.com

Think he is still selling them...I bought one a couple years back for rodeo photography work...

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:11 PM
cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

PureMichigan wrote:
I think I may have one -- haven't used it in years and don't do much hockey anymore. I'll see if I have it. If so I'll post here and make you a super deal. Make sure the refs/league is cool with the idea before you get one.Many are conservative when it comes to putting any objects in the net.

Thank you very much. I'd be setting it up for my University teams and would likely have it as a resource for the group of shooters who cover the events.

Apr 27, 2022 at 07:19 AM
cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

FoleyAMG wrote:
Check out Hockeynetcam.com

Think he is still selling them...I bought one a couple years back for rodeo photography work...

I looked at this, but it said everything is unavailable. I looked at this a couple of years ago and it was the same.

Apr 27, 2022 at 07:19 AM
abeese

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

Looking for one myself

Nov 23, 2022 at 06:41 AM
rdalrt
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · In-net hockey cam ideas?

A photographer friend of mine knows the owner of a local plastics company. We brought him some plans (basically a clone of the hockeynetcam version) and he bent us up some housings. Had a relative sew up the covers. Bought the clamps from B&H.

Nice thing about the local plastic company it is pretty easy to go back and get some new housings when ours get scratched up. And the price is very reasonable too.

Nov 23, 2022 at 07:04 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.