p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Young Bride

Beautiful image.

Derek

Apr 16, 2022 at 10:30 AM
johnld
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Young Bride

Thanks Derek, I appreciate the inspiration.

Apr 16, 2022 at 10:38 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Young Bride

A beautiful woman and bride. A very nice composition. My only nit is that darn air grate on the floor.
That could be eliminated but it is your composition and it is wonderful regardless John!
Dan

Apr 16, 2022 at 10:40 AM
johnld
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Young Bride

Danpbphoto wrote:
A beautiful woman and bride. A very nice composition. My only nit is that darn air grate on the floor.
That could be eliminated but it is your composition and it is wonderful regardless John!
Dan

Thanks Dan you're right. For me, it was just part of the character of the scene and the older home's ambience. But, studying it a bit more it does distract from the symmetry.

Apr 16, 2022 at 01:33 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Young Bride

johnld wrote:
Thanks Dan you're right. For me, it was just part of the character of the scene and the older home's ambience. But, studying it a bit more it does distract from the symmetry.

I agree with you also John! It was the scene encompassing the bride on a beautiful curved stair rail. Just sort of looked out of place. Drew my eye away from her happiness. Just me!
Dan

Apr 16, 2022 at 02:58 PM
DanielScott
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Young Bride

Beautifully captured, John. I agree with Dan's assessment of the air grate. If you use photoshop, have you tried selecting it and using content aware fill? That tends to make easy work of this sort of editing in my experience.

Apr 16, 2022 at 05:46 PM
johnld
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Young Bride

DanielScott wrote:
Beautifully captured, John. I agree with Dan's assessment of the air grate. If you use photoshop, have you tried selecting it and using content aware fill? That tends to make easy work of this sort of editing in my experience.

I haven't used PS much, but am going to try the suggestions and repost. Sometimes objective comments are useful. Thanks!

Apr 16, 2022 at 06:42 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Young Bride

johnld wrote:
I haven't used PS much, but am going to try the suggestions and repost. Sometimes objective comments are useful. Thanks!

I am also "challenged" by Ps. BUT the CWT is my most used tool! If you have PsCC it is only seconds. PsCSx 3 seconds!
Good luck!
Dan

Apr 17, 2022 at 09:10 AM
johnld
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Young Bride

OK, Here's a LR version as PS's content aware was tricker at matching the outlines of the grate. Or perhaps I just need to practice with PS more

Apr 18, 2022 at 07:13 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Young Bride

Now my eye is directed directly at this beautiful woman! She has my complete attention!
Well done!
Dan

Apr 18, 2022 at 07:24 AM
johnld
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Young Bride

Danpbphoto wrote:
Now my eye is directed directly at this beautiful woman! She has my complete attention!
Well done!
Dan

Thanks for the comments Dan, These suggestions were quite useful for future edits as I thought I knew everything

Apr 18, 2022 at 07:28 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Young Bride

johnld wrote:
Thanks for the comments Dan, These suggestions were quite useful for future edits as I thought I knew everything

Yeah been there in my younger daze!
Dan

Apr 18, 2022 at 07:30 AM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Young Bride

I think the edit is an improvement, but I would crop a little tighter from the top right corner to really bring the attention to the bride. This is a really lovely image.

Derek

Apr 18, 2022 at 07:36 AM
johnld
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Young Bride

Dneufarth wrote:
I think the edit is an improvement, but I would crop a little tighter from the top right corner to really bring the attention to the bride. This is a really lovely image.

Derek

Thanks for the suggestion Derek. Here's a crop, but slightly out of the preferred ratio as I'd like to keep the banister in the corner for symmetry.

Apr 18, 2022 at 08:54 AM
Dneufarth
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Young Bride

Your original crop is preferable.

Derek

Apr 18, 2022 at 09:20 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Young Bride

This beautiful bride can carry this frame easily! Very engaging smile, lovely eyes!
Dan

Apr 18, 2022 at 01:49 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.