Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Fields of Lupine in Folsom

  
 
dakel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Congratulations to dakel for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 19 votes - View Previous Winners


Happy Sunday
Given that spring flowers are just around the corner, I revisited some of my photos from Folsom Lake, where the Lupine blooms every year. The cycle of bloom is unpredictable - from the best in a lifetime last year, to almost zero a few years ago. I have shared some of my favourite results in a previous thread:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1702038/0#15601697

Below are some more that I previously skipped over but revisiting them with more time to process means I can share them now. C&C always welcome.







Lupine X







The slopes of Rattlesnake Bar







A field of purple







Purple sunrise







Lupine and granite




Feb 13, 2022 at 02:36 PM
Rajan Parrikar
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


A fine set overall. Two images stand out. The first one is outstanding for its composition, super light, and vibrant colour. #3 is beautiful, too.


Feb 13, 2022 at 03:07 PM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


beautiful color fest - each lovely image


Feb 13, 2022 at 04:45 PM
Gregg B.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Awesome!! We are there Derrick. Just let me know when....


Feb 13, 2022 at 04:49 PM
doady
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


The way the purple fields match the purple sky is very striking. Definitely my favourite.

I am reminded of summers I spent visiting my dad in Quebec and riding along a rail corridor turned bike path called "Le Petit Train du Nord" in a rocky, mountainous area called the Laurentians, and I rode through fields of lupine flowers, purple and pink and blue.

I also have dozens of relatives in Southern California that I haven't visited in over 20 years and I should soon. I probably should check out this lake too.



Feb 13, 2022 at 08:42 PM
J. Pow
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Awesome, "Purple Sunrise" is over the top good!

Joel



Feb 14, 2022 at 09:23 AM
agvogel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Wow. Stunning


Feb 14, 2022 at 12:08 PM
Starfire8
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


I always begin to get excited about Spring time this time of year and these images are only exacerbating this feeling. The Field of Purple and Rattlesnake Bar are my favorites in this series. Very beautiful work!

David



Feb 14, 2022 at 12:20 PM
dakel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Rajan Parrikar wrote:
A fine set overall. Two images stand out. The first one is outstanding for its composition, super light, and vibrant colour. #3 is beautiful, too.


---------------------------------------------
Thanks Rajan. Would love to shoot the lupine in Iceland some day. Maybe we could meetup if it ever comes to fruition!


junglialoh wrote:
beautiful color fest - each lovely image

Thank you so much. Your comments are much appreciated.

---------------------------------------------

Gregg B. wrote:
Awesome!! We are there Derrick. Just let me know when....

Awesome Gregg. I'll keep you updated.
---------------------------------------------

doady wrote:
The way the purple fields match the purple sky is very striking. Definitely my favourite.

I am reminded of summers I spent visiting my dad in Quebec and riding along a rail corridor turned bike path called "Le Petit Train du Nord" in a rocky, mountainous area called the Laurentians, and I rode through fields of lupine flowers, purple and pink and blue.

I also have dozens of relatives in Southern California that I haven't visited in over 20 years and I should soon. I probably should check out this lake too.

Thanks for that. I love find out about potential wildflower locations so I've already google the Laurentians!
---------------------------------------------

J. Pow wrote:
Awesome, "Purple Sunrise" is over the top good!

Joel


Thanks Joel. Appreciate it.

---------------------------------------------

agvogel wrote:
Wow. Stunning

Thanks mate, much appreciated.
---------------------------------------------

Starfire8 wrote:
I always begin to get excited about Spring time this time of year and these images are only exacerbating this feeling. The Field of Purple and Rattlesnake Bar are my favorites in this series. Very beautiful work!

David

Thank you so much David. Appreciate it.



Feb 14, 2022 at 03:11 PM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


OK maybe it's just me but Lupine and Granite image looks like a 'stone person' to the right sitting in the light watching over this setting

These shots give a guy that loves the beauty in flowers goosebumps Such beautiful scenery, can't believe it exists but you have just enlightened me and I enjoyed each

Very nice
Karl



Feb 14, 2022 at 04:47 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

samsdad
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Delicious.

Rich



Feb 14, 2022 at 06:38 PM
Jred
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


I really like #3.


Feb 14, 2022 at 07:20 PM
Brad Williams
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Great set of photos. The 1st and 4th are my favorites and the 3rd is my least favorite. Something about the composition in the 3rd is not as strong as the rest of the set. Overall nice work!


Feb 16, 2022 at 11:28 AM
bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Would like to visit this place this year.


Feb 16, 2022 at 12:44 PM
lumenspixel
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


These colours... !


Feb 16, 2022 at 01:14 PM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


lovely colours Derrick


Feb 16, 2022 at 08:47 PM
40Driggs
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


You did a fantastic job showcasing the beautiful flowers in each of these shots.


Feb 16, 2022 at 09:40 PM
graytrekker
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


That's a lot of lupines!! So many flowers concentrated like that can often be "paralyzing" to try and photograph
Simply stunning. - well done!!
Doug



Feb 18, 2022 at 02:33 AM
dakel
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


Karl Witt wrote:
OK maybe it's just me but Lupine and Granite image looks like a 'stone person' to the right sitting in the light watching over this setting

These shots give a guy that loves the beauty in flowers goosebumps Such beautiful scenery, can't believe it exists but you have just enlightened me and I enjoyed each

Very nice
Karl

Thanks so much Karl. I must admit I didn't see that stone person. I kind of see it now that you mention it - you have a great imagination!
---------------------------------------------

samsdad wrote:
Delicious.

Rich

Cheers Rich
---------------------------------------------

Jred wrote:
I really like #3.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback
---------------------------------------------

Brad Williams wrote:
Great set of photos. The 1st and 4th are my favorites and the 3rd is my least favorite. Something about the composition in the 3rd is not as strong as the rest of the set. Overall nice work!

Thanks Brad for the feedback. I get what you are saying about no 3. It's a beautiful serene scene, but there is nowhere for the eye to rest. Needed a few more rocks or a nice prominent tree or something.
---------------------------------------------

lumenspixel wrote:
These colours... !

Cheers!
---------------------------------------------

kmunroe wrote:
lovely colours Derrick

Thanks Kenny for the look and positivity
---------------------------------------------

40Driggs wrote:
You did a fantastic job showcasing the beautiful flowers in each of these shots.

Thanks Daniel appreciate the kind words
---------------------------------------------

graytrekker wrote:
That's a lot of lupines!! So many flowers concentrated like that can often be "paralyzing" to try and photograph
Simply stunning. - well done!!
Doug

Thanks Doug. Absolutely, especially when the light is changing fast and you haven't scouted out a composition



Feb 19, 2022 at 11:33 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fields of Lupine in Folsom


@dakel just a WOW series, makes me want to shoot there for sure, well done!


Feb 22, 2022 at 12:26 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password