fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       57              59       60       61       end
  

Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread

  
 
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #1 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Sunset watchers at Lake Dora, FL




  NIKON Z 8    NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S lens    39mm    f/11.0    1/125s    64 ISO    -1.0 EV  




Aug 19, 2026 at 06:45 PM
FusionX.Photo
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #2 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Z8 + Z 24-120 S



Mem by Artisan Imagery, on Flickr



Aug 20, 2026 at 04:12 AM
christopher_icu
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #3 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Absolutely gorgeous. Love the composition too.


Aug 20, 2026 at 11:40 AM
FusionX.Photo
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #4 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Thanks very much


Aug 20, 2026 at 12:05 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #5 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Winter snow on The Watchman, Zion National Park




  NIKON Z 9    NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S lens    97mm    f/8.0    1/30s    64 ISO    -0.7 EV  



Edited on Aug 21, 2026 at 05:40 PM · View previous versions



Aug 20, 2026 at 12:55 PM
Outstanding
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #6 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


24mm




Aug 20, 2026 at 09:56 PM
GravelBen
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #7 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Over the hills by Ben, on Flickr

Z5II / 120mm



Aug 29, 2026 at 08:32 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #8 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Blue Ridge mountains, North Carolina

Z8 + 24-120







Aug 30, 2026 at 08:55 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #9 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Monochrome version






Edited on Sep 03, 2026 at 08:43 AM · View previous versions



Aug 31, 2026 at 11:43 AM
dblsplayer
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #10 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


cambria walkway




  NIKON Z f    NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/400s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  




Aug 31, 2026 at 03:58 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

phinix
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #11 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


I finally bought this lens for my Zf.
However, I'm now selling it - after 2 weeks of holidays, lugging Zf with 17-28mm and this 24-120mm in Retrospective backpack in 40C, I was exhausted and it simply prevented me from taking camera out and shoot. I was so dissappointed, maybe I'm too old or cannot stand heat like that, but I was so sad that I cannot use my camera.
I keep hearing from all photographers here that its so nice and sooo light, but for me it is not. I guess when you guys used old dslr camera in the past, those mirrorless cameras with their lens are light for you, but for me it is not.
I think I'll get a7CII with some primes, or that 16-35/4 and that would be my travel kit (that body with zoom would equal to weight of Zf with grip only).



Sep 02, 2026 at 04:37 PM
ilkka_nissila
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #12 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


phinix wrote:
I finally bought this lens for my Zf.
However, I'm now selling it - after 2 weeks of holidays, lugging Zf with 17-28mm and this 24-120mm in Retrospective backpack in 40C, I was exhausted and it simply prevented me from taking camera out and shoot. I was so dissappointed, maybe I'm too old or cannot stand heat like that, but I was so sad that I cannot use my camera.
I keep hearing from all photographers here that its so nice and sooo light, but for me it is not. I guess when you guys used old dslr camera in the
...Show more →

I think a big part of the problem is the 40 C heat. Maybe if you travel during holidays, you can choose a location with less hot temperatures, and enjoy more?

I'm exhausted if I have to go out and do anything outdoors in 27 C or higher. :-) But given more mild temperatures I can carry reasonably heavy camera gear without too much issue, though I do like to walk around with a lighter setup when I can. I did go to India one time to do a wedding shoot and outdoor temperatures were between +35 C and 45 C during my stay. I stayed in my hotel room with the fans at full speed through most of the day, and fortunately the wedding ceremony happened during the night. :-)



Sep 03, 2026 at 03:30 AM
Ripolini
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #13 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


ilkka_nissila wrote:
I think a big part of the problem is the 40 C heat. Maybe if you travel during holidays, you can choose a location with less hot temperatures, and enjoy more?


What kind of reasoning is that?
After spending 8 days in the Alps, I was in Valencia from August 10 to 13 to watch the total solar eclipse.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjD2xDR
It was 36–37 °C during those days. The summer of 2026 was the hottest in large parts of Europe in decades! Was I supposed to stay in the hotel all day? Or was I supposed to wait for the next total eclipse in places where the temperature doesn’t rise above 27°C—even during a time when I could take time off from work? In other words, in two hundred and twenty-three years? I suffered through the heat and carried my 24-70/4 and 70-200/4 with FTZ in a shoulder bag (no backpack). With the 24-120, it would have been worse, because I would have had to carry more weight.





Sep 03, 2026 at 04:14 AM
ilkka_nissila
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #14 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


Ripolini wrote:
What kind of reasoning is that?
After spending 8 days in the Alps, I was in Valencia from August 10 to 13 to watch the total solar eclipse.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjD2xDR
It was 36–37 °C during those days. The summer of 2026 was the hottest in large parts of Europe in decades! Was I supposed to stay in the hotel all day? Or was I supposed to wait for the next total eclipse in places where the temperature doesn’t rise above 27°C—even during a time when I could take time off from work? In other words, in two hundred and twenty-three years? I suffered
...Show more →

There are locations in Europe with cooler temperatures, such as in Lapland (Norway, Sweden, Finland) or Iceland, where you might holiday in. The highest daily temperatures in Helsinki in the past 30 days were between 16 C and 22 C, and in Rovaniemi from 13 C to 20 C. July was not too different. Most summers in recent years have been warmer, though. Although there are no mountains in Finland (we have a lot of lakes), Norway has a lot of them, if that's what drew you to the Alps, and there is not many places more exotic and beautiful than Iceland.

As for the eclipse, although we didn't see total eclipse in Finland, people still got beautiful partial eclipse photos. Greenland was along the path of the total eclipse and people posted total eclipse photos from there. I can guarantee no one suffered from too hot temperatures. :-)

Anyway, my point really is that compared to the body weight we are carrying all day every day, the difference of a few hundred grams in camera or lens weight is not that great, but if the temperatures are too hot, we can choose to spend our holiday time in cooler temperatures (if that is a priority, as it is for me) and there is no shortage of interesting things to photograph even in those places. We might not be able to choose where we live and work, as finding work can be tough, but when traveling for a holiday, there are options. Of course, there are budget considerations and Iceland, Norway and Greenland are not among the cheapest, but I would argue that the gorgeous landscapes (combined with moderate summer temperatures) may well be worth the cost. You can reduce the cost of accommodation by booking early, and by finding cabins or houses in more remote locations where the locals rent them out to tourists, certainly a lot cheaper than staying in a hotel in the city.



Sep 03, 2026 at 05:41 AM
Ripolini
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #15 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


ilkka_nissila wrote:
There are locations in Europe with cooler temperatures, such as in Lapland (Norway, Sweden, Finland) or Iceland, where you might holiday in.

Really? I didn't know. Thanks for the info.
BTW, last year in July I went to Norway and temperatures were so high (above 30°C) that the locals had completely lost their minds—they were all taking a dip in the Oslo Fjord!
I asked the hotel why the air conditioning wasn't working, and they simply told me that there wasn't any.
Probably you aren't aware of climate change.


ilkka_nissila wrote:
As for the eclipse, although we didn't see total eclipse in Finland, people still got beautiful partial eclipse photos. Greenland was along the path of the total eclipse and people posted total eclipse photos from there. I can guarantee no one suffered from too hot temperatures. :-)

1) partial eclipse was visible even in Italy, so what?
2) Valencia is a beautiful city, and for a short 2- or 3-day trip, it’s a much more sensible destination than Greenland. If I were to travel to Greenland from Italy, I would plan a trip of at least ten days, hoping the United States doesn't invade it during my stay ...

ilkka_nissila wrote:
Anyway, my point really is that compared to the body weight we are carrying all day every day, the difference of a few hundred grams in camera or lens weight is not that great, but if the temperatures are too hot, we can choose to spend our holiday time in cooler temperatures (if that is a priority, as it is for me) and there is no shortage of interesting things to photograph even in those places.


As global warming continues, if you want to spend your summers in a cool place, the North Pole won't be enough...
But there’s nothing we can do about global warming (even though some so-called scientists claim otherwise): greenhouse gas emissions are rising; the EU-27 accounts for only 6% of global greenhouse gas emissions, yet we tell people that we’re helping to combat global warming through the Green Deal, while simultaneously plunging entire industrial sectors and supply chains into crisis, thereby fueling the rise of the far-right Nazis just about everywhere.
The only thing we can do is invest in land management to mitigate the effects of climate change.

Conversely, when it comes to the increasing weight of photographic equipment, we can take action as consumers: don’t buy heavy and/or bulky items. The advent of mirrorless cameras promised smaller, lighter bodies—as well as more compact lenses. Extra-wide mounts glued right to the sensor that promised miracles! But history teaches us that it was all a joke (i.e., marketing). The only systems that have seen any reduction in size are the APS-C cameras, where Nikon is stuck in the Stone Age (same old 21 Mpix sensor, no IBIS, no in-camera sensor cleaning, etc.).



Sep 03, 2026 at 08:35 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #16 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


A tranquil evening at Lakeside Inn, the oldest continuously operating hotel in Florida

Z8 + 24-120






Edited on Sep 03, 2026 at 10:36 AM · View previous versions



Sep 03, 2026 at 08:57 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #17 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


phinix wrote:
I finally bought this lens for my Zf.
However, I'm now selling it - after 2 weeks of holidays, lugging Zf with 17-28mm and this 24-120mm in Retrospective backpack in 40C, I was exhausted and it simply prevented me from taking camera out and shoot. I was so dissappointed, maybe I'm too old or cannot stand heat like that, but I was so sad that I cannot use my camera.
I keep hearing from all photographers here that its so nice and sooo light, but for me it is not. I guess when you guys used old dslr camera in the
...Show more →

Starting to think that photography in general ain't for you



Sep 03, 2026 at 09:20 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #18 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


at a quiet poolside bar, Lakeside Inn, Mount Dora FL

Z8 + 24-120







Sep 03, 2026 at 09:57 AM
Ripolini
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.58 #19 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


RoamingScott wrote:
Starting to think that photography in general ain't for you


I wonder how Cartier-Bresson managed to do what he did with just a Leica and a 50 mm lens...
https://www.thewanderinglensman.com/2026/03/cartier-bresson-what-cameras-and-focal.html



Sep 03, 2026 at 10:24 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.58 #20 · Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S images thread


https://www.scotttuckerphoto.com/blog/nikon-z-24-120mm-f4-one-zoom-to-rule-them-all

I agree with his assessment I’ve been back to shooting this wonderful lens this year, had my first one way back on release day, now appreciating it all over again.





Edited on Sep 03, 2026 at 11:55 AM · View previous versions



Sep 03, 2026 at 11:22 AM
1       2       3       …       57              59       60       61       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       57              59       60       61       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account