fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2021 · Acrylic Printing Lab

  
 
bwentzel
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Acrylic Printing Lab


We have several photos to turn into acrylic prints and looking for US based lab recommendations. Who have you used that you feel comfortable recommending? Several of the prints will be in the 8x10" to 11x13' range but one will be larger close to 20x30".

Thanks in advance for your recommendation and associated advice.



Aug 22, 2021 at 11:15 AM
cseelye
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Acrylic Printing Lab


I have been using Bumblejax in Seattle for my acrylic prints for a couple years now and their helpfulness and print quality have been first rate. They check the files over and will upscale if needed and do some correction also if needed at no additional cost.
https://www.bumblejax.com/content/acrylic-printing-services-what-to-look-for/
They have printed about a half dozen 30X40 acrylic prints for me and every one has been better than I expected when placing the order. (Most of them by the way have been from 12mp files.)
Their typical turn around time is a week or less.
They ship in cartons that are well protected. I've never had anything damaged in shipping.
-Chris



Aug 22, 2021 at 01:52 PM
bwentzel
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Acrylic Printing Lab


Thanks for the recommendation and they had several favorable ratings in the reviews I've found through Google. It's always good to get confirmations like this.

Thanks again.



Aug 22, 2021 at 01:59 PM
John Webb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Acrylic Printing Lab


Check out Nevada Art Printers.
http://www.nevadaartprinters.com

Regards



Aug 23, 2021 at 10:13 AM
The Rat
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Acrylic Printing Lab


John Webb wrote:
Check out Nevada Art Printers.
http://www.nevadaartprinters.com

Regards


I got one through them after Mark Metternich's recommendation on here and it came out very nice.

Also got an acrylic done by CG Pro Prints here and it is also very nice, though more glossy than the Nevada Art Printers one. (Though since they're semi-local to me, managed to save on shipping via local pickup option.)



Aug 23, 2021 at 05:20 PM
plateaulight
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Acrylic Printing Lab


The Rat wrote:
I got one through them after Mark Metternich's recommendation on here and it came out very nice.

Also got an acrylic done by CG Pro Prints here and it is also very nice, though more glossy than the Nevada Art Printers one. (Though since they're semi-local to me, managed to save on shipping via local pickup option.)


I don't know how it is in any way possible for any acrylic to be "More Glossy" than another as acrylic is not available in other gloss levels. There is non glare but that is a totally matte finish. Maybe you mean glare?



Aug 24, 2021 at 08:22 PM
The Rat
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Acrylic Printing Lab


plateaulight wrote:
I don't know how it is in any way possible for any acrylic to be "More Glossy" than another as acrylic is not available in other gloss levels. There is non glare but that is a totally matte finish. Maybe you mean glare?


Could be, I dunno the proper terminology. I just look up at them hanging above my desk and one reflects more light than the other from the room lights.



Aug 24, 2021 at 10:30 PM
plateaulight
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Acrylic Printing Lab


Yeah,That’s glare. Fujiflex is especially bad with glare.


Aug 25, 2021 at 06:53 AM
kevphoto
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Acrylic Printing Lab


I'll put in another vote for Nevada Art Printers. I'm quite pleased with the results.


Aug 25, 2021 at 07:30 AM
lighthound
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Acrylic Printing Lab


Another vote for Nevada Art Printers here. Robert did a large 40 inch print for me several years ago and it is simply stunning. I went with the Lumachrome and matte finish because I hate glare. I was told that I would lose some detail and pop by going with the matte, but it looks amazing.


Aug 27, 2021 at 05:32 AM
RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Acrylic Printing Lab


lighthound wrote:
Another vote for Nevada Art Printers here. Robert did a large 40 inch print for me several years ago and it is simply stunning. I went with the Lumachrome and matte finish because I hate glare. I was told that I would lose some detail and pop by going with the matte, but it looks amazing.


Which image did you have them print?



Aug 28, 2021 at 11:55 AM
lighthound
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Acrylic Printing Lab


RustyBug wrote:
Which image did you have them print?



Letchworth overlook



Aug 28, 2021 at 01:05 PM
vkobayas
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Acrylic Printing Lab


I did a lot of research and I initially was going to go with Bumblejax but decided on Artbeat Studios. Their social media sucked me in and the prices were reasonable. While the prints themselves are nice, their quality control leaves something to be desired. I ordered two prints with defects. The first had dust sandwiched between the print and acrylic and the other had damage to the edge of the acrylic. In their social media they say they inspect every print before it was shipped. I would understand if the print itself was busy such as a shot of a forest where picking out dust would be difficult but the print itself had a black background. It was impossible to miss. The second print was packaged well and while Fedex could have damaged it, there was no damage to the cardboard box that it came in and the print was secured to a larger plywood. So it seemed to me that it was damaged before it was shipped.

They did reprint both prints without question but they should have never shipped damaged prints in the first place. Next time I will try Bumblejax.



Aug 29, 2021 at 06:52 PM
dblight
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Acrylic Printing Lab


I had a 24X60 Pano printed on Acrylic, from a company in Montreal, CA called Pictorem, and about a dozen different images in various sizes on canvas, They all came out very good, They ship to the USA and Canada for Free! No Sales Tax either!


Aug 31, 2021 at 09:51 PM
dblight
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · Acrylic Printing Lab


cseelye wrote:
I have been using Bumblejax in Seattle for my acrylic prints for a couple years now and their helpfulness and print quality have been first rate. They check the files over and will upscale if needed and do some correction also if needed at no additional cost.
https://www.bumblejax.com/content/acrylic-printing-services-what-to-look-for/
They have printed about a half dozen 30X40 acrylic prints for me and every one has been better than I expected when placing the order. (Most of them by the way have been from 12mp files.)
Their typical turn around time is a week or less.
They ship in cartons that are well protected. I've never
...Show more →

Are you aware that if you send them a 16bit Tiff file, they convert it to a 8bit jpeg to print from? Just curious.



Aug 31, 2021 at 10:07 PM
Backspin9
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · Acrylic Printing Lab


John Webb wrote:
Check out Nevada Art Printers.
http://www.nevadaartprinters.com


I've used Nevada Art Printers on several occasions. They do very nice work. The only issues I've had is that sometimes they are not quick to respond to your requests and it can take several communications back & forth before you can finally submit the file for printing.




Sep 01, 2021 at 04:54 PM
dblight
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · Acrylic Printing Lab


Backspin9 wrote:
I've used Nevada Art Printers on several occasions. They do very nice work. The only issues I've had is that sometimes they are not quick to respond to your requests and it can take several communications back & forth before you can finally submit the file for printing.



At least they seem to care enough to communicate to get things right before printing, I can handle that, Quality trumps speed for me. I also emailed and talked to them today, and asked them about printing 16 bit Tiff files and here was there answer:

"We print from 16 bit tif up to 48x96. Above that we usually go to 8 bit due to rip  time limitations however we will do the output profile conversion in 16 bit before we go to 8 bit which is what really makes the difference.
We print at 1200dpi so the rip time on a 60x120 at 16bit would be over 2 hrs just to process the spool file not counting the actual printing time.." I'm pleased with that as I would rarely print anything bigger than 48"X96".



Sep 01, 2021 at 05:07 PM
akavalun
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · Acrylic Printing Lab


Take a look at some of the labs that have been in the business for many years like Photocraft and Reed Art and Imaging. I'm currently using Reed for some very large acrylic pieces and for a minor fee you can do up to 3 test prints before you commit to the final piece. They are responsive and extremely knowledgeable when it comes to fine art printing.


Sep 02, 2021 at 08:50 AM





FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account