fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       5              end
  

Leofoto Quick Detach Strap - SP-01

  
 
GroovyGeek
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · Leofoto Quick Detach Strap - SP-01


The SP-01 lacked proper adjustability and was a poor imitation of the Magpul. I just received the SP-02 and it is absolutely great, particularly when you adjust for price.
https://leofotousa.com/products/leofoto-sp-02-1-point-2-point-convertible-sling

As can be expected from Leofoto, the design is heavily "inspired" by others (ahem) but has meaningful usability improvements that make all the difference. The function is similar to the Magpul MS4 but

1/ It has length adjustments on both sides, so you don't have to pay attention to how you mount it (if you use two independent mounting points, like I always do)

2/ The fabric is soft and gentle on the skin, unlike the unnecessarily heavy (for photography) webbing of the gun-oriented Magpul

3/ There is a subtle but important extra padding where the strap contacts the neck.

I used to own the Magpul MS4 but sold it because it felt like sandpaper against my neck, and some of the buckles were irritatingly placed on the back. I love the SP-02 so far.



Sep 21, 2026 at 08:58 PM
MikeEvangelist
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · Leofoto Quick Detach Strap - SP-01


GroovyGeek wrote:
The SP-01 lacked proper adjustability and was a poor imitation of the Magpul. I just received the SP-02 and it is absolutely great, particularly when you adjust for price.


I've been curious about the new one. Thanks for the recommendation.



Sep 21, 2026 at 09:35 PM
MikeEvangelist
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #3 · Leofoto Quick Detach Strap - SP-01


My SP-02 arrived today and like @GroovyGeek said, it's excellent. Many improvements over the old model.


Sep 25, 2026 at 04:32 PM
1       2       3       …       5              end






FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       5              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account