New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Waiting for Medicine

DougVaughn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Waiting for Medicine

I returned from Cuba a week ago, only to be knocked down by an awful case of Montezuma's revenge. I'm just thankful I was able to weather that little storm on this side of the pond. After getting some health back, it was catch-up time at work, so I'm just getting to my images.

These shots were taken one morning in the little village of Casa Blanca across the bay from Havana. There is a pharmacy about 100 yards away where this man was headed. Every morning, they line up and wait for the delivery of medicine to arrive, hoping what they need will be available. From what I could gather, that's pretty hit and miss, and the first to show get what there is.

The trip was at the same time one of the most rewarding and difficult I've taken. The people of Cuba are wonderful, but the level of poverty and living conditions makes your heart hurt.

Nov 12, 2017 at 05:59 PM
rek101
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Waiting for Medicine

Moving photo....really beautiful composition and tells a story. I don't know why nobody else commented, but the first one especially really grabbed me.

Nov 19, 2017 at 11:48 PM
SandmanJoel

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Waiting for Medicine

Really sad to see. As a medical professional your photo is worth a thousand words.
I am glad you are feeling better.

Nov 20, 2017 at 01:02 AM
Smousefam5
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Waiting for Medicine

Love the first shot...the smallness of the man set against the sizeable stairs accentuates his feeble condition. Very well done.

Dec 04, 2017 at 08:15 PM
NicolasBa

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Waiting for Medicine

The first picture is so emotionally touching. It's so pity to see those poor people who can only hope they'll receive what they really need when others can order anything they want from online pharmacies sitting at their homes in comfort.

May 12, 2019 at 11:10 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Waiting for Medicine

Great capture Doug! Yeah be careful of what liquids, especially water, you drink abroad or spicy food you eat.
Dan

May 14, 2019 at 10:23 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.