New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Something Different- Youth Football Player Portrait

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Something Different- Youth Football Player Portrait

Congratulations to friscoron for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 6 votes - View Previous Winners

A friend of our family allowed their son to finally play tackle football, so I invited them into the studio for a portrait commemorating the event. I also took some green screen action shots but haven't had time to work with those yet.

Since it might be asked, this was a three-light setup. The main light is camera left. Two gridded softboxes behind and on both sides of the subject creating the rim lighting.

comments always welcome.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4348/36342369420_2f6d822157_b.jpg

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM
Vcook
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Something Different- Youth Football Player Portrait

Great studio shot, extremely well lit in my opinion, any parent would love this. The only nits I have are there appears to be something in the lower left hand side of the frame that draws the eye(easily cloned out) and he needs to tuck in his jersey.

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:37 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Something Different- Youth Football Player Portrait

Great studio shot.

Aug 22, 2017 at 06:36 PM
story_teller
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Something Different- Youth Football Player Portrait

I agree. Another winner! The only thing I might have tried is to mask, flag or lower the strip box camera right to remove the reflection in the helmet. Not sure if I would have been successful or that would have changed the shot too much. The shot is very strong in any case. Great job!

Aug 23, 2017 at 08:57 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Something Different- Youth Football Player Portrait

Thanks, guys!

We did talk about his jersey and he felt since it would be out in a game, it would be out for this. I'll have to take a closer look at the lower left. I always miss stuff like that.

I think, in getting the rim light, I have to live with the reflection. There's also one on the other side of the helmet.

Aug 23, 2017 at 07:36 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Something Different- Youth Football Player Portrait

His right arm got cut off....would have preferred both hands/arms on the ball......more natural....IMO

Aug 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.