New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2016 · Toddler Whoas!

T_Gordon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Toddler Whoas!

Some days is rough to be a toddler! lol Got lucky on this one as it only lasted a few seconds and had the camera out already.

Aug 29, 2016 at 05:07 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Toddler Whoas!

Yes, you did. It's amazing how quickly they can turn it on and off. Good capture.
Douglas

Aug 30, 2016 at 06:40 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Toddler Whoas!

I like the emotion you captured, but I have a hard time getting past the eye out of focus. Based on your settings, you were running out of light.

Aug 30, 2016 at 04:24 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Toddler Whoas!

Jim Rickards wrote:
I like the emotion you captured, but I have a hard time getting past the eye out of focus. Based on your settings, you were running out of light.

He shot at 1/640 and ISO 800, so he had plenty of light, so got to disagree with you, Jim. I think there was plenty of light to stop down and get focus in both eyes. OP chose a setting to give him a shallow depth of field. Hopefully it was an artistic decision.

Aug 30, 2016 at 09:04 PM
T_Gordon
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Toddler Whoas!

friscoron wrote:
He shot at 1/640 and ISO 800, so he had plenty of light, so got to disagree with you, Jim. I think there was plenty of light to stop down and get focus in both eyes. OP chose a setting to give him a shallow depth of field. Hopefully it was an artistic decision.

Ideally I would have loved to stop down a little more but this was my one and only shot I got in as he was running towards me. I was messing around with the camera in another room and swung over to him as he was coming towards.

I've never been a stickler for having to have both eyes in focus as a lot of times it adds a little more depth to the image especially near/at MFD like this shot.

Aug 30, 2016 at 09:08 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Toddler Whoas!

friscoron wrote:

In retrospect, you have a good point. More likely, no time to change the settings.

Aug 31, 2016 at 09:29 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.