fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Archive 2015 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200

  
 
big country
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200


I posted the 1d iv was better at high ISO/ pushing an image 1-3 stops over the 7d2. I still stand by that from my real world experiences.

The 7d2 has a sharper lcd screen, in theory better af (but that can be a mixed bag), better video, better silent shutter, takes sdxc cards and can read sd cards much faster than other canon cameras...more later, super tired going to bed.



May 09, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Shield
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200


Better video? I've shot video with the 70d and the 1dIV and the latter looks much better. Better video AF? Better 60p frame rate? You betcha. But not better output quality. I've yet to see any 7d II video look great at all. Anywhere. Just something off, like the 70d. Muted, low contrast, etc.

I love my IDIV, and love having the metering tied to the AF point. I use the center AF and it tracks great, built-in grip, and considering I picked up a 136k "miles" unit, it was about $1400 with 2 batteries. Don't know how fast or slow it moves a 600mm lens as the 300 2.8 is the longest I use. For 9u baseball, the 1div + 70-200 II is really all I need...







May 10, 2015 at 12:19 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200


6400ISO pushed 2 stops....












May 10, 2015 at 06:45 PM
Schlotkins
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200


Generally, I think they are pretty close. at 3200 and 6400, the 1DIV seems a tick sharper to my eyes.

Frankly, except for frame rate, the new 5Ds would make a killer cam. You get 7D2 pixel reach when you need it and FF/1.3x capabilities when you dont.

Chris



May 11, 2015 at 03:51 PM
Pixel Perfect
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200


rattlebonez wrote:
Ed,

I think Pixel Perfect was noting this

1D IV native APS-H sensor is 16 MP
cropped to APS-C to match 7D II is 10 MP


Correct.



May 11, 2015 at 06:14 PM
Bsmooth
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200


All I can say is having just picked up a 1DMKIV, I'm very impressed with the 7D2, especially considering the original prices of each.
The other thing besides image quality is the weight, even the 100-400 which I don't consider super heavy combined with the 1DMKIV, makes for a rather heavy combination.
One which on a recent trip brought on an attcck of Sciatica, which made the trip rather painful to say the least.
Both really great cameras, but I might like to try the 7d2 down the road.



May 12, 2015 at 08:56 AM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · 7D2 vs 1D4 at ISO 12800, 6400, 3200


All I can see is a bird from behind ...
I am much more familiar with cats. Could you post some comparing cat images at night?




May 12, 2015 at 01:17 PM
1              end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account